Israel Forcibly Injected 100k African Immigrants with Birth Control

Started by jimmy olsen, January 30, 2013, 06:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on January 30, 2013, 07:58:02 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 30, 2013, 07:56:20 PM
Sounds horrible on first glance, but reading more into it I have less of a problem with it.  It's a problem for Israel if these immigrants are popping out babies like pez dispensers.  The alternative is shutting out Ethiopians altogether, and given a choice I'd bet the women would rather take the contraceptive than have that happen.

I wouldn't favor anything like that here, but Israel can do this if they want.
Am I getting trolled?

I'm a bit thrown off by this one as well.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Sounds horrible on first glance, but reading more into it I have less of a problem with it.  It's a problem for Israel if these immigrants are popping out babies like pez dispensers.  The alternative is shutting out Ethiopians altogether, and given a choice I'd bet the women would rather take the contraceptive than have that happen.

Am I getting trolled?
Definitely, if he really believed stuff like this it would have come out before this.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 30, 2013, 10:01:27 PM

Am I getting trolled?
Definitely, if he really believed stuff like this it would have come out before this.

But it has.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

DGuller

I wouldn't be confident that nothing of this sort didn't come out before.  He's been giving off a fascist vibe for quite a while.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Neil

Eugenics and fascism are two different things.

Fuck you people are embarassingly stupid.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

derspiess

Am I getting trolled?

If I really believed what stuff?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

Spicey would order his wife to inject black jews with birth control.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

derspiess

Quote from: PDH on January 30, 2013, 11:23:05 PM
Spicey would order his wife to inject black jews with birth control.

Well it's not like she's going to want to make that decision herself, is it?  I would drive her there, at least.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Viking

The known facts

Ethopian Jewish women were without their knowledge or consent being given contraceptive injections.

The Isreali health ministry ordered that giving these injections routinely should stop and only be given to those women who can understand the consequences of the injection.

everything else is speculation and rather wild speculation at that, racist government conspiracies to eugenically cleanse black ethiopian jews from israel are suggested and references to the Torah are given.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

Quote from: Viking on January 30, 2013, 11:44:11 PM
The known facts

Ethopian Jewish women were without their knowledge or consent being given contraceptive injections.

This does seem to be a violation of human rights.

jimmy olsen

The known facts

The Isreali health ministry ordered that giving these injections routinely should stop and only be given to those women who can understand the consequences of the injection.

everything else is speculation and rather wild speculation at that, racist government conspiracies to eugenically cleanse black ethiopian jews from israel are suggested and references to the Torah are given.
Given the number of women believed to be involved, who else but the government could be responsible for it?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Viking

Quote from: Razgovory on January 31, 2013, 12:02:16 AM
The known facts

This does seem to be a violation of human rights.

apparently this is being objected to as well

http://www.democraticunderground.com/113429915

QuoteWhat the original television program uncovered is an insensitivity to a traditional culture and imposing Western norms in what likely began as a well-meaning attempt to help families make an easier adjustment to the shock that was ahead of them when they moved to Israel and once they arrived. The stories women told painted a picture of being coaxed and strongly convinced that they should subject themselves to a Depo-Provera birth control shot every three months, without being offered other methods of family planning. They also recounted being told in educational workshops that Israelis had "small families" and that having many children in Israel would "make their life difficult." Some said they were led to believe they would not be permitted to emigrate if they did not submit to the shots, others said that their objections to receiving them were ignored. Some women said they weren't aware the shots were birth control - they thought they were vaccinations, and others said their complaints about disturbing side effects were ignored.

The most hostile coverage refers inaccurately to "sterilization" - conveniently ignoring the fact that Depo-Provera is a three-month birth control injection, for which women must voluntarily go to a clinic to receive the shots. It is insulting to the intelligence of Ethiopian women to believe that they did this for years at a time against their will. Certainly, if there was a nefarious plot to stop them from having babies, there would have been a more efficient way to do it.

I believe the women who told their stories to Gal Gabbai. I also believe that the vast majority of the Ethiopian women who received Depo-Provera were aware it was birth control and received it willingly, wanting to be in control of deciding when to get pregnant. And some of them - it is unclear how many - preferred being injected at a clinic rather than having to take pills daily in the presence of other family members - husbands or mothers or in-laws - who might disapprove of that decision. I also believe that those who did not want to receive the shots and truly wanted to become pregnant were smart enough to stop receiving them. At least some of the drop in these birthrate is attributable to access to birth control and control over their childbearing that these women wanted.

What is likely true - and needs to be urgently corrected, is that those who do want to practice birth control understand that there are alternative methods that are safer with fewer side effects, and that no ethnic group, native or immigrant is ever systematically given Depo-Provera again.

here the claim is that the contraceptive was given secretly so the women had deniability so they would not be kept barefoot and pregnant by their husbands. (the haaretz blog this post is commenting on is behind a pay wall)

given that this is israel emotions run wild and reason doesn't prevail as the routine charges of genocide get thrown around.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.