Israel Forcibly Injected 100k African Immigrants with Birth Control

Started by jimmy olsen, January 30, 2013, 06:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 31, 2013, 05:13:29 PM
Quote from: DGuller on January 31, 2013, 05:02:31 PM
Nope, not Uncle Sam.  For the first few months, though, we were supported by an organization called NYANA, which was a little more generous than welfare, and gave some stuff that was useful for people just off the boat.

In return were you expected to hire one unqualified Jew in the future?  Turn a blind eye to one white collar crime committed by a Jew?

What was the nature of the understanding?  :ph34r:
It was nothing sinister like that. :ph34r: I can't really go into details, I'm only allowed to give false reassurances.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on January 31, 2013, 04:09:09 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 31, 2013, 04:07:42 PM
Kleve's question made me wonder.  Are American green card holders eligible for food stamps and that sort of stuff?  Section 8 vouchers? Medicaid?

I believe they are.

Food stamps and Medicaid are 5 year waits, or have paid into Social Security taxes for 10 years' worth of work history.  You just don't show up and get them fresh from the airport.

derspiess

Did I say that? Man, you are loaded for bear today, aren't you?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Malthus on January 31, 2013, 04:56:13 PM
The whole issue of discouraging immigration in the case of Ethiopian Jews is a red herring.

It appears to derive from the mistaken conflation of statements about illegal immigrants from North Africa with the Falasha.  Kind of ironic to lump all the "Africans" together that way in a news story alleging racism.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on January 31, 2013, 07:54:54 PM

I never said you said that, Captain Sensitive.  I merely elaborated on your statement.

If I were loaded for bear, I would've called you a stupid fucking immigrant hater.  :hug:

Ed Anger

Now if we could make these Mexicans not steal dvd's when doing housecleaning.....
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

merithyn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 31, 2013, 05:42:50 PM
Kleve's question made me wonder.  Are American green card holders eligible for food stamps and that sort of stuff?  Section 8 vouchers? Medicaid?

I believe they are.

Food stamps and Medicaid are 5 year waits, or have paid into Social Security taxes for 10 years' worth of work history.  You just don't show up and get them fresh from the airport.

Not only that, but in order to receive your green card you have to show solvency by whomever is sponsoring you. When Max moved down here from Canada, I had to provide my tax returns to show that I could support him. I didn't make enough, so a friend had to co-sign that she would sponsor him, and that she would be liable if he applied for or received government hand-outs.

The only exception, from what I understand, is those who come in under refugee status. They have a lot of special rules, though.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 31, 2013, 09:27:03 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 31, 2013, 07:54:54 PM

I never said you said that, Captain Sensitive.  I merely elaborated on your statement.

If I were loaded for bear, I would've called you a stupid fucking immigrant hater.  :hug:

And I could then tell you to fuck off as I'm married to an immigrant and thus immunized against such accusations :contract:

I made a simple statement and as with the other thread you're going apeshit over something I didn't even come close to saying.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: merithyn on January 31, 2013, 09:58:31 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 31, 2013, 05:42:50 PM

I believe they are.

Not only that, but in order to receive your green card you have to show solvency by whomever is sponsoring you. When Max moved down here from Canada, I had to provide my tax returns to show that I could support him. I didn't make enough, so a friend had to co-sign that she would sponsor him, and that she would be liable if he applied for or received government hand-outs.

The only exception, from what I understand, is those who come in under refugee status. They have a lot of special rules, though.

I had to show proof as well and she had to promise not to be a burden on the system & whatnot.  Felt like a charade, since I'd have a hard time believing they actually come after you if the green card recipient gets on uncle sam's gravy train.

Razgovory

Derspiess, are your views and statements related to the current right wing antipathy towards the 14th amendment?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

derspiess

Razgovory

Don't be coy.  There has been talk in Republican circles about fixing the problem of "anchor babies", for a while now.  The way discussed is to modify the 14th amendment.

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on January 31, 2013, 10:49:10 PM
Don't be coy.  There has been talk in Republican circles about fixing the problem of "anchor babies", for a while now.  The way discussed is to modify the 14th amendment.

Haven't been following it that much.  You're apparently more plugged in than I am.