And we're back!

Main Menu

Cupcakes, Why ?

Started by mongers, November 18, 2012, 04:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: mongers on January 14, 2013, 06:13:48 PM
Quote from: Warspite on January 14, 2013, 06:11:22 PM
I want to learn how to drive, just so I can plough my white van into the queue of yapping tourist 20-somethings outside Hummingbird Bakery.

:blink:

You can't drive; is this common amongst the 20/30 something urbane dwellers ?

My son and his mates don't seem to be bothering. The insurance is exceedingly high for youngsters and they are hoping that driverless cars will become the norm by the time they can afford one. Plus they are idle gits.

Sheilbh

Quote from: mongers on January 14, 2013, 06:13:48 PM
Quote from: Warspite on January 14, 2013, 06:11:22 PM
I want to learn how to drive, just so I can plough my white van into the queue of yapping tourist 20-somethings outside Hummingbird Bakery.

:blink:

You can't drive; is this common amongst the 20/30 something urbane dwellers ?
I can't drive. I might learn one day.

I don't understand the cupcake thing at all :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

My sister can't drive. 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

I can't drive, but sometimes I still do.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Brazen

Few of my friends in London bother to drive. It's so much cheaper and more convenient to use public transport. I do anything possible to avoid driving into central London - the Congestion Charge zone is my convenient cut-off point.

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 15, 2013, 06:21:09 AM
I can't drive, but sometimes I still do.

Curiously my Grandma was the opposite.  She had a license but had no idea how to drive.  She got it before they had any driving tests and just renewed it every year.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

That's not the opposite.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

We should have a thread about driving.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Quote from: mongers on January 24, 2013, 03:14:04 PM
We should have a thread about driving.

This is a good idea, I should make a thread about it.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"