Seedy's on an axe-grinding roll today.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

garbon

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 19, 2012, 04:36:19 PM
Seedy's on an axe-grinding roll today.  :P

Indeed. He's now no longer making sense. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

mongers

Quote from: Caliga on November 19, 2012, 09:45:22 PM
I like cupcake shops. :)

Why am I not in the least bit surprised.   :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Warspite

I want to learn how to drive, just so I can plough my white van into the queue of yapping tourist 20-somethings outside Hummingbird Bakery.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

mongers

Quote from: Warspite on January 14, 2013, 06:11:22 PM
I want to learn how to drive, just so I can plough my white van into the queue of yapping tourist 20-somethings outside Hummingbird Bakery.

:blink:

You can't drive; is this common amongst the 20/30 something urbane dwellers ? 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Warspite

It's not uncommon. Even if I could drive, I wouldn't want to pay to run a car in London.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

garbon

Definitely not uncommon here in NYC.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: Warspite on January 14, 2013, 06:15:45 PM
It's not uncommon. Even if I could drive, I wouldn't want to pay to run a car in London.

All the more cash for cupcakes.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on January 14, 2013, 06:19:17 PM
Definitely not uncommon here in NYC.
Wasn't uncommon in Boston either.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Jaron

I recently stole a Four Square mayorship from a local cupcake entrepreneur. She was certainly not pleased and tweeted some anger at me.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Jacob

Quote from: mongers on January 14, 2013, 06:13:48 PM
Quote from: Warspite on January 14, 2013, 06:11:22 PM

:blink:

You can't drive; is this common amongst the 20/30 something urbane dwellers ?

I just got my driver's license a few months ago, at the tender age of 38. Just one more data point for you :)

Martinus

It's because hipster loser whores who have no cooking skills whatsoever can make them and think they are running a "business".

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on January 15, 2013, 02:04:49 AM
It's because hipster loser whores who have no cooking skills whatsoever can make them and think they are running a "business".

Seems odd that they would take steps to become disabused of that notion. Putting aside of course the odd description of holster, loser whores.