Florida man accused of fraud after taking wife's name

Started by garbon, January 29, 2013, 08:49:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

I think there is some utility in being able to recreate a family tree dating back to Reconquista just from the last name(s).

lustindarkness

I asked The Wife not to change her name, her Dad's name is much more unique than my way too common last name. But she is now considering to change it, after 16 years.  :wacko:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ed Anger

Quote from: lustindarkness on January 30, 2013, 01:58:31 PM
I asked The Wife not to change her name, her Dad's name is much more unique than my way too common last name. But she is now considering to change it, after 16 years.  :wacko:

they just don't listen.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

lustindarkness

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 30, 2013, 02:01:25 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on January 30, 2013, 01:58:31 PM

they just don't listen.

Thats ok, we don't listen to them either. :D
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Barrister

Quote from: merithyn on January 30, 2013, 01:11:33 PM
Quote from: Valmy on January 30, 2013, 01:09:14 PM
Quote from: merithyn on January 30, 2013, 12:51:30 PM
I do wonder what you would have done had your wife chosen other than she did.

Well since he told her it was up to her I would hope he would have done nothing.  Otherwise he is a liar and BB, while being a Machiavellian prosecutor eager to send the bulk of Canadians to Gaol, is not capablle of such contemptible dishonesty -_-

I imagine that he would have tried to convince her otherwise, to be honest. I find it hard to believe that he would be perfectly fine with her having a name other than his.

There's lots of things in life I may not be "perfectly fine with", but that there is nothing I can do about them so I don't worry about them.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

merithyn

Quote from: Barrister on January 30, 2013, 02:08:57 PM

There's lots of things in life I may not be "perfectly fine with", but that there is nothing I can do about them so I don't worry about them.

Fair enough. :hug:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

crazy canuck

Meh, the wise man sounds a prospective mate out about things like this before getting married.  Its all part of the necessary due diligence.

Of course I did none of that, not being particularly wise and being entirely smitten.  I am just lucky things worked out as well as they did.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 30, 2013, 03:18:40 PM
Meh, the wise man sounds a prospective mate out about things like this before getting married.  Its all part of the necessary due diligence.

Of course I did none of that, not being particularly wise and being entirely smitten.  I am just lucky things worked out as well as they did.

Should naming really a dealbreaker?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Not a dealbreaker, but definitely an issue worthy of consideration.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

merithyn

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 30, 2013, 03:28:38 PM
Not a dealbreaker, but definitely an issue worthy of consideration.

It should have been my first clue with my first husband. I wanted to keep my maiden name, but he was insistent that I take his. When I pointed out that his family - his father in particular - really didn't want me to have the name (and that they were all pretty much insane), he said that he and I would make the name good again. So, I caved and changed my name. I still wish to this day that I hadn't. That was not a name that I wanted to be associated with. He's not a bad guy, really, but his family is still fucking insane.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

derspiess

My ex-sister in law kept our family name and I'm not happy about it.  I can almost empathize with her since her maiden name is Irbey.  But she's adopted like 2 or 3 kids now so there's a fatherless family of Brammers running around outside our control :angry:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

I used to have a pastor named Irby. What an odd name.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on January 30, 2013, 03:45:22 PM
My ex-sister in law kept our family name and I'm not happy about it.  I can almost empathize with her since her maiden name is Irbey.  But she's adopted like 2 or 3 kids now so there's a fatherless family of Brammers running around outside our control :angry:

There's a few ne'er-do-well [Barristers] out there (though it is a very uncommon name).  I don't worry about it much.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 30, 2013, 03:47:28 PM
I used to have a pastor named Irby. What an odd name.

To me it doesn't look that horrible on paper.  But to hear it pronounced, particularly in Appalachia, it sounds very silly.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall