Norwegian Asylum Policy (attn Slargos)

Started by Viking, May 20, 2009, 04:18:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

It seems that the whole thing is now completely fucked up. The government has arranged re-settlement agreements with Afghanistan and Iraq, which is good. But given that there seems to be a slight problem. It seems that normal sane economic refugees get sent back, but that terrorists, taliban leaders and torturers don't get sent back. The leader of Ansar al Islam, Krekar, who has been designated for repatriation for years now is not being sent back, on the grounds that he will be prosecuted, almost certainly found guilty and executed as a terrorist and a murderer. Norway doesn't like the death penalty. This is old new, yes, but it now gets worse. Afghanistan. It seems that Afghani Taliban have applied for and received temporary asylum on humanitarian grounds. One actually went so far as to admit being a torturer to convince the Foreigner Directorate here in Norway that he will be persecuted upon return. This is of course going on at the same time as the Afghani Taliban is trying to kill Norwegian Service Men and Women in Afghanistan. Furthermore, with temporary residence in Norway and Norwegian travel documents these people can GO TO PAKISTAN legally and then RETURN TO NORWAY. The families of the two Norwegian servicemen who have so far been killed by roadside bombs might end up running into the men who killed them on the street in Oslo, only to have the Talibanis go back to Afghanistan to kill more. This is disgusting.

Link in Sandaweenie http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/iriks/article3084120.ece

I'm not sure which is worse, that Cheney might get away with torture by claiming asylum in norway; or that people at war with Norway get asylum in Norway. I demand POW camps.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Viking on May 20, 2009, 04:18:15 AMIt seems that Afghani Taliban have applied for and received temporary asylum on humanitarian grounds.

lol, Euroweenies.  How you slay us with your comedic gold.

Slargos

Valmy

I love the irony that a principled stand against execution and torture has the perverse effect of rewarding those who murder and torture.

Common sense has no place in government it seems.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Slargos

Quote from: Valmy on May 20, 2009, 08:21:52 AM
I love the irony that a principled stand against execution and torture has the perverse effect of rewarding those who murder and torture.

Common sense has no place in government it seems.

It's not at all uncommon behaviour.

A couple of albanian siblings were granted asylum in Sweden last year after murdering several people. The logic was that while albanian authorities were requesting their extradition and afaik albania doesn't use capital punishment, it was decided that they could not be trusted to protect the siblings against the revenge of the victims' families.

Murderers, thieves, liars and parasites are being given asylum while honest people get sent home.

I'm renting out my appartment in Stockholm to a russian family that is currently about to get thrown out of the country and while I would normally laugh at the notion of russians being treated poorly these people always pay their rent on time, the father of the family works for a living rather than taking a welfare check and the kids are well adjusted.

Meanwhile, rapists and murderers are granted permanent residency since they have "a connection" to the country after gluing themselves to the appeals system for long enough or simply going into hiding.

It's a strange world.

Razgovory

So is this why they won't send Slargos back to Sweden?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

ulmont

Quote from: Viking on May 20, 2009, 04:18:15 AM
One actually went so far as to admit being a torturer to convince the Foreigner Directorate here in Norway that he will be persecuted upon return.

That's a very interesting asylum policy.  The US asylum policy has an explicit "unless you were a persecutor in your home country, in which case fuck you" exception.  8 U. S. C. ยง1101(a)(42).

Viking

Quote from: Razgovory on May 20, 2009, 08:52:16 AM
So is this why they won't send Slargos back to Sweden?

All I really need to do is shout "Meatballs!!!" and he's on his bike and back in sweden.. but they keep letting him back in!

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Slargos on May 20, 2009, 08:45:09 AM
I'm renting out my appartment in Stockholm to a russian family that is currently about to get thrown out of the country and while I would normally laugh at the notion of russians being treated poorly these people always pay their rent on time, the father of the family works for a living rather than taking a welfare check and the kids are well adjusted.

Maybe you can find a few Taliban to take their place?

KRonn

This all seems so messed up, so wrong.   <_<

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Viking

The Directorate of Immigration has for a long time been sabotaging the Norwegian government and it's foreign policy for years now.

Neil

Is this even news?  Terrorists that have fallen on hard times have been coming to Western Europe to lay low for 200 years.  Granted, Norway is slumming it, but these days the money there is better than in the traditional havens of London, Paris and Switzerland.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Mr.Penguin

Reminds me of the 90's here in Denmark, when the refugee administration refused to help Bosina refugees return to bosnia after the war had ended, becourse they risked a "loss of living standard", by going back and help rebuild their country... <_<
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

Josquius

Quote from: Neil on May 20, 2009, 10:03:59 AM
Is this even news?  Terrorists that have fallen on hard times have been coming to Western Europe to lay low for 200 years.  Granted, Norway is slumming it, but these days the money there is better than in the traditional havens of London, Paris and Switzerland.
True...
██████
██████
██████