News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Have you ever experimented with occultism?

Started by Martinus, January 24, 2013, 06:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Valmy

The haterade flows with such supernatural force through CC I wonder if he has not gotten possessed from playing too much D&D.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Question for the Ouija Board players:  how long did you sit there like a doofus with your fingers on the thingie before you gave up or went ahead and moved it?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on January 24, 2013, 03:59:44 PM
The haterade flows with such supernatural force through CC I wonder if he has not gotten possessed from playing too much D&D.

I was never good at saving throws. :(

Camerus

I tried internet tarot once when I was bored at work.

Generally though I tend to channel my irrational impulses into Languish posts.

DontSayBanana

Never messed with any "occultism," myself.  Closest I get is having a giggle with a dining partner over how apt or wildly inaccurate the Chinese zodiac signs on the placemat are. :D
Experience bij!

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on January 24, 2013, 06:27:42 PM
I tried internet tarot once when I was bored at work.

Generally though I tend to channel my irrational impulses into Languish posts.
Yes.  It shows.
PDH!

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 24, 2013, 04:14:09 PM
Question for the Ouija Board players:  how long did you sit there like a doofus with your fingers on the thingie before you gave up or went ahead and moved it?
Never.  It always seemed to move on its own.  I forget what that phenomenon is called but I can tell you I never once chose to move the planchette.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

Quote from: Martinus on January 24, 2013, 06:59:29 AM
Have you ever experimented with "occultism"? Occultism understood very broadly here, by the way, including tarot, other forms of divination, astrology, goethia, "chaos magick", sigils, runes, perception-enhancing or altering drugs etc.

No.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Viking

No need for fraud, you just need the ideomotor effect

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideomotor_phenomenon
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

merithyn

Quote from: Viking on January 25, 2013, 02:24:29 PM

No need for fraud, you just need the ideomotor effect

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideomotor_phenomenon

That's pretty cool. I've never heard of that before, but it does explain the whole Ouija Board thing. I may have to apologize to my childhood friend who I blamed for moving the disk. :blush:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...