News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Pentagon to allow women in combat

Started by Kleves, January 23, 2013, 04:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

That is just begging for the Gary Barnett quote about the girl kicker.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

MadImmortalMan

I wonder if those generals that got purged recently was a preparation for this.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

PDH

BTW, good for women!  They will bring needed communication and understanding skills to the armed forces, though they will suck at math.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 23, 2013, 09:43:17 PM
I wonder if those generals that got purged recently was a preparation for this.
The other one was exonerated yesterday, though still in the dog house with the wife no doubt. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: PDH on January 23, 2013, 09:45:40 PM
BTW, good for women!  They will bring needed communication and understanding skills to the armed forces, though they will suck at math.
Women don't really have very good communication skills.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

PDH

Quote from: Neil on January 23, 2013, 11:02:56 PM

So they're awful at everything?  :(
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

katmai

garbon and Marti haven't found them good for anything. :yes:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

Quote from: katmai on January 23, 2013, 11:31:21 PM

How does that follow?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Legbiter

They'll have to significantly water down the physical requirements. If they don't 99.9% of the women won't hack it.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Phillip V

The United States is preparing for war! :o

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on January 24, 2013, 02:23:52 AM
Quote from: katmai on January 23, 2013, 11:31:21 PM

How does that follow?

I think Katmai's saying they're only good for one thing.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

Quote from: Neil on January 23, 2013, 11:02:56 PM

+1
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Phillip V on January 24, 2013, 05:45:55 AM
The United States is preparing for war! :o
The Witchking of Angmar is the target!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point