News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

6 Reasons You Should Sleep Naked

Started by garbon, January 23, 2013, 02:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/6-reasons-sleep-naked-221500649.html

QuoteA recent study showed that less than 10 percent of Americans sleep in the buff. Whaa? Not only is it dead sexy, experts swear naked sleep is actually good for you. We asked them to spill on the top reasons you should ditch those pajamas for good.

By Natasha Burton

1. You'll Air Out Your Hoo-Ha
Jennifer Landa, MD, author of The Sex Drive Solution for Women, says that sleeping naked can be healthier for your private parts. While it's totally normal to have yeast and bacteria down there, the warm environment can sometimes cause an overgrowth. One way to prevent infections is to "air it out" and go commando.

2. You'll Sleep Better
While you might like being cozy and warm at night, it's actually important to have a cooler environment when you sleep, says Lisa Shives, MD, who sits on the National Sleep Foundation's board of directors. "Your body temp progressively declines as you sleep, which is a natural tendency of the body, so being too warm with heavy PJs and blankets can disrupt that." Sleeping naked, she says, can help your body stay cool.

3. You'll Look Hotter
According to naturopath Natasha Turner, best-selling author of The Hormone Diet, being too warm at night disrupts the release of melatonin and growth hormone-your main anti-aging hormones-into your body. "As your body temperature drops, growth hormone is released and works its regenerative magic," she says. And that keeps your skin and hair looking awesome.

4. You'll Lose Belly Fat
Sleeping naked helps you sleep more soundly, which will allow your levels of the stress hormone cortisol to decrease as you rest, keeping your energy and hunger levels in check, Turner says. When your sleep is disrupted, your cortisol will be too high when your alarm goes off, making you more likely to wake up hungry for comfort foods-and more likely to overeat them.

5. You'll Feel More Confident
Sleeping naked feels great, Landa says. "We can tune in to sensations like the feeling of the sheets and the coolness of the air, which can be very sexy" she says. "And feeling sexy increases confidence."

6. You'll Have Better Sex
Landa says that sleeping naked is great for your relationship because laying skin to skin will increase feel-good chemicals like the cuddle hormone oxytocin. "Sleeping naked encourages sexier relationships," she says. You'll feel more relaxed and be more in the mood for intimacy.

Yay for Cosmo articles. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Damn it appears I have ruined my life by sleeping in boxers all these years.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on January 23, 2013, 02:12:25 PM
http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/6-reasons-sleep-naked-221500649.html

1. You'll Air Out Your Hoo-Ha
It's always good to see technical terms like this in use!  :lol:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on January 23, 2013, 02:17:54 PM
Damn it appears I have ruined my life by sleeping in boxers all these years.

Well there's no time like today. :hug:

mongers

:thumbsup:

I grew up reading cosmo articles and it didn't do me any harm.   :unsure:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: mongers on January 23, 2013, 02:31:10 PM

:thumpsup:

I grew up reading cosmo articles and it didn't do me any harm.   :unsure:

I did too. :zipped:

Ed Anger

DGuller

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 23, 2013, 02:38:16 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 23, 2013, 02:28:14 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on January 23, 2013, 02:27:43 PM
Disgusting.

Can you be more specific?

I don't care for people's giblets rubbing against me in the night.
The article assumes that you'll be sharing the bed with your significant other.

garbon

Who are all these people you have in your bed? :ph34r:

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on January 23, 2013, 02:40:06 PM
Disgusting.

The article assumes that you'll be sharing the bed with your significant other.

I think only item 6.

Grey Fox

Disgusting.

Maybe you should try to not sleep in the middle of a crowded club or bar and try it with your wife in your own bed.

No don't, you have enough kids.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger