News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Biden reaches out to fake Joe Biden

Started by garbon, January 18, 2013, 05:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/biden-reaches-fake-joe-biden-204748230--politics.html

QuoteWorlds collided on Friday when the real Joe Biden gave a shoutout to fake Joe Biden.

"Q for @reddit AMA with my @TheOnion pal: A Trans-Am? Ever look under the hood of a Corvette? #imavetteguy –VP," Biden tweeted with the picture above.

The official White House Twitter account even got in on the fun and retweeted the exchange.

Reddit on Friday held an AMA chat with "Diamond Joe Biden"—the invented Biden character created by the satirical newspaper The Onion. Diamond Joe is known for washing his TransAm shirtless, appearing in Hennessy ads and general lady-killing.

The Onion also published an e-book "autobiography" of the vice president on Friday.

Biden has never hid his fondness for fake Joe Biden. The vice president first revealed to Yahoo News in January 2011 that he found The Onion spoofs entertaining. "It's hilarious, the stuff they do on me," he said. But he still took issue with fake Joe Biden's auto preferences.

"By the way, I have a Corvette—a '67 Corvette—not a TransAm," he said at the time.

:D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.