Most Heartbreaking & Inspirational Story Of College Football Season Was A Hoax

Started by jimmy olsen, January 16, 2013, 05:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: 11B4V on January 18, 2013, 02:05:57 AM
Hmm, not a good candidate for assault weapon ownership.

The imaginary body count would be shocking to say the least.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 18, 2013, 08:24:53 AM
QuoteLate Thursday evening, an independent baseball team, the Florence (Ky.) Freedom, announced it would have "Manti Te'o Girlfriend Bobblehead Day."

As part of the promotion in late May, the first 1,000 fans will get an empty bobblehead box, there will be a pretend kiss cam for fans to kiss their imaginary friends and there will be an imaginary food fight in the kids' area, as well as an air guitar contest.

That's brilliant.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 18, 2013, 08:24:53 AM
QuoteLate Thursday evening, an independent baseball team, the Florence (Ky.) Freedom, announced it would have "Manti Te'o Girlfriend Bobblehead Day."

As part of the promotion in late May, the first 1,000 fans will get an empty bobblehead box, there will be a pretend kiss cam for fans to kiss their imaginary friends and there will be an imaginary food fight in the kids' area, as well as an air guitar contest.

:lol:  That's our local minor league team. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

katmai

Why is Timmay stooping to Marti like levels of trying to see homosexuality in everything?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

jimmy olsen

Quote from: katmai on January 19, 2013, 08:20:58 PM
Why is Timmay stooping to Marti like levels of trying to see homosexuality in everything?
It was the most rational explanation for the whole situation. However, reading more about the situation, it seems that as happens often in life, the most rational explanation is not what occurred. It really seems like is as dumb as Forest Gump and fell for a hoax.

1 Karma Chameleon point

PDH

As a first hand expert in dumb, you should have recognized a kindred spirit right away.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

dps

Quote from: PDH on January 19, 2013, 08:26:43 PM
As a first hand expert in dumb, you should have recognized a kindred spirit right away.

Indeed.  As Marti sees gay everywhere, so should Timmay see dumb everywhere.

dps

Now it appears, from his workout at the NFL combine, not only does Te'o not have a dead girlfriend, he's smaller and slower than advertised.  Is anything about this guy real?  At this point, I wouldn't be surprised to find out he's not even from Hawaii.  Forget Barack Obama, the press needs to be demanding to se Manti Te'o's birth certificate.

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

CountDeMoney

He's more of a scheme player than a superstar at the NFL level.   He'll fit into the right system.  Wouldn't spend a 1st rounder on him, though.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

I was going to take a couple days off and go to the combine but it would have essentially meant taking time off from my real job to go drive 4 hours to Indy to work essentially for free.  I wouldn't get to just sit around & watch. 

I missed out on some awesome dinners/drinks on someone else's tab, though.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall