And we're back!

Main Menu

Food trends where you are

Started by Gups, January 14, 2013, 11:51:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 30, 2013, 05:33:46 PM
I hate those chairs in that picture.

And what about the zillion available waiters? If they're zooming up and down the aisles it'll be a huge jam sooner or later.

Ed Anger

I'm sure the service will be surly.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

Quote from: The Larch on June 30, 2013, 05:38:25 PM

And what about the zillion available waiters? If they're zooming up and down the aisles it'll be a huge jam sooner or later.

It's self service, with some stuff brought to your table, so I guess it's just for show. :P

Normally it looks more like this (when it's busy):

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

dps

Those aren't chairs--they're stools.  And stools don't belong at a table, they belong at a bar or counter.

fhdz

Here in Portland, the trends are artisanal this and organic that, food carts, dive bars that serve ridiculously good food, upscale bars that offer really overblown, overrated food, Asian fusion stuff, farm-to-table stuff, etc.

Quite honestly Portland's a bit of a food Mecca.
and the horse you rode in on

The Larch

Quote from: fhdz on July 02, 2013, 11:45:41 AM
Here in Portland, the trends are artisanal this and organic that, food carts, dive bars that serve ridiculously good food, upscale bars that offer really overblown, overrated food, Asian fusion stuff, farm-to-table stuff, etc.

Is it local? Are the chicken free range? Can we visit the farm?

fhdz

Quote from: The Larch on July 02, 2013, 12:03:10 PM

Is it local? Are the chicken free range? Can we visit the farm?

:D I have some questions about the salmon. What's its name?
and the horse you rode in on

Zanza

Quote from: Syt on June 28, 2013, 12:45:04 PM
Vienna has recently seen an influx from the Vapiano chain:

I was in Taiwan recently and some of my local colleagues wanted to go out for dinner. They told me about this cool, hip place with a great view on Taipei 101 and I looked forward to it. Then they told me that it was Pizza and Pasta and I figured that I would have preferred something Taiwanese. And when we arrived I found out that it was a silly Vapiano.  :yucky: Halfway around the world, when I can have that here at home...

Ed Anger

Your doughnuts are overrated.

Syt

Quote from: Zanza on July 02, 2013, 12:20:53 PM
Quote from: Syt on June 28, 2013, 12:45:04 PM
Vienna has recently seen an influx from the Vapiano chain:

I was in Taiwan recently and some of my local colleagues wanted to go out for dinner. They told me about this cool, hip place with a great view on Taipei 101 and I looked forward to it. Then they told me that it was Pizza and Pasta and I figured that I would have preferred something Taiwanese. And when we arrived I found out that it was a silly Vapiano.  :yucky: Halfway around the world, when I can have that here at home...
:lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.