Men's Chest Hair Coat Debuts With $3,000 Price Tag

Started by garbon, July 01, 2013, 07:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

http://www.eonline.com/news/433502/men-s-chest-hair-coat-debuts-with-3-000-price-tag-see-the-pic

QuoteGlobal dairy company Arla commissioned a fur jacket made of—yikes—men's chest hair to commemorate the launch of a new Wing Co. milk drink (enhanced with protein and chocolate flavoring) that is geared toward men. The fuzzy frock took four designers and over 200 hours to make, Daily Mail reports.

But what does man-fur have to do with chocolate milk? The company suggests that the coat will encourage men to be "be proud of their abundant manliness," a kooky bid against trends—particularly men who shave and wax their chests smooth. The jacket runs for €2499, which would be over $3000 here in the U.S.   

But this isn't the only designer garment made of questionable materials—a photo of a wedding gown made entirely of condoms (for the chlamydia awareness cause) is making the Internet rounds and remember Lady Gaga's meat dress? The singer wore a dress made of Argentinian beef by designer Franc Fernandez to the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards. That begs the question: what's creepier, protein dresses or chest hair jackets?

We're not sure if a pricey man-fur coat is the way to make a pro-manliness statement: We can only imagine how many men had to go hairless in its creation—and doesn't that defeat Arla's purpose? But then again, with new trends like fur pantyhose cropping up in China, maybe human hair is the next high fashion commodity.

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Is it irony that he male model has a waxed chest?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: HVC on July 01, 2013, 08:25:29 PM

Yeah I've no idea what they are actually going for.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on July 01, 2013, 08:27:05 PM

Yeah I've no idea what they are actually going for.

Contrast!

mongers

Looks down, slightly lifts top of t-shirt, admires his $15 worth.   :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

The Larch

fhdz

garbon

Okay, I wasn't trying to inspire male languishites to talk about the state of their torsos. :mellow:

KRonn

He must have donated to one of the first coats.

fhdz

Quote from: garbon on July 02, 2013, 11:53:43 AM
Okay, I wasn't trying to inspire male languishites to talk about the state of their torsos. :mellow:

We're a vain bunch; it doesn't take much :)

garbon

Quote from: fhdz on July 02, 2013, 01:26:33 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 02, 2013, 11:53:43 AM

We're a vain bunch; it doesn't take much :)

Maybe. I guess I should be thankful we aren't talking about our foreskins or lack thereof. :D