What jobs ex-presidents/ex-prime ministers should and should not be doing?

Started by Martinus, January 14, 2013, 03:44:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Viking

In Norway "retired" senior politicians which are not yet of retirement age usually become directors of state owned corporations or serve as governor of one of norways counties (governor here means executive agent for the central government, being ceo of government operations in that region, usually this means showing up for gallery openings and handing out diplomas unless the shit hits the fan).

Sometimes the Norwegian government lobbies for "International Jobs" in the UN and other international systems, e.g. Gro Harlem Brundtland, a denitist by education and prime minister by achievement was made head of the WHO.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 14, 2013, 08:33:39 AM
What should they do when they're making mad bank before they run for office?

Spend it like a rap star? :unsure:

I'm not sure what you're getting at.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 14, 2013, 08:47:49 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 14, 2013, 08:33:39 AM
What should they do when they're making mad bank before they run for office?

Spend it like a rap star? :unsure:

I'm not sure what you're getting at.

You said:

QuoteThey should stay as far away from money making as possible.

I asked:

QuoteWhat should they do when they're making mad bank before they run for office?

CountDeMoney

It's a simply fucking question, Yi.  What are you, a fucking lawyer?

You don't run for the Presidency without being independently wealthy anymore.  The Senate's median net worth is $2.63 million.  249 members of the last House of Representative are millionaires.

If you say they should stay away from making money after office, what should they do when they're already wealthy?

Fuck already.

Admiral Yi

What are you, fucking illiterate?

Marty's question was about ex-presidents and ex-PMs.  Your question was post-modern punk-lit gibberish.

CountDeMoney

Fine, let's leave it to Presidents, then:  instead of profiting off their office, how do they avoid it and what are the alternatives when they've already made wealth beforehand?  Can you at least answer that? 

You can certainly dish out the Yicratic Method all fucking day long like a Canadian lawyer, but you can't fucking take it, can you?

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

I can take the Yicratic method all week long and a double shift on Saturday.  What I can't take is poseur wannabes that don't have the slightest idea what it is.

CountDeMoney

Fucking half a page to ask you to elaborate on your statement, and you're still not doing it.

You're worse than if grumbler were a 15 year old girl.  Never fucking mind.  Don't elaborate.

Admiral Yi

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 14, 2013, 09:23:49 AM
I can take the Yicratic method all week long and a double shift on Saturday.  What I can't take is poseur wannabes that don't have the slightest idea what it is.
FFS, Yi, just answer the question.  This isn't amusing, it's childish.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on January 14, 2013, 09:33:05 AM
FFS, Yi, just answer the question.  This isn't amusing, it's childish.

Seedy's attack poodle, 1d-6! ACORNACORNACORN

First, I have no fucking clue what the question is.

Second, if I did understand the question, pairing it up with an insult would not be the way to get me to respond.

garbon

Well presumably a person making bucks before the presidency shouldn't be expected to adopt poverty afterwards.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.