News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Who loves and hates America: a graph!

Started by CountDeMoney, January 11, 2013, 03:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: PRC on January 12, 2013, 02:50:28 AM
How many African immigrants have made millions playing sports once they get there?

Dikembe Mutumbo & Manut Bol are the only ones that come to mind but i just like saying their names over and over.

Hakeem Olajuwon and Christian Okoye as well.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Take a look at any NFL roster.  African names all over the place.  They're the new Samoans.

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 12, 2013, 04:09:09 AM
Take a look at any NFL roster.  African names all over the place.  They're the new Samoans.

Not to mention all the Africans who come over here to play college hoops in hopes of making it big.  Not all do, of course. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Check washing, credit card fraud and bank fraud is a lot easier to commit here than it is all the way in Nigeria.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Larch

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 12, 2013, 04:09:09 AM

If you take a closer look beyond their name you'll find that they're american born.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Larch on January 12, 2013, 04:34:48 PM
If you take a closer look beyond their name you'll find that they're american born.

Doesn't really refute my point though.  African family immigrates to the US, their sons grow up to be gigantic Mandingo warriors and make a mint playing defensive line.

The Larch

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 12, 2013, 05:00:59 PM
Quote from: The Larch on January 12, 2013, 04:34:48 PM

Doesn't really refute my point though.  African family immigrates to the US, their sons grow up to be gigantic Mandingo warriors and make a mint playing defensive line.

But the original inmigrants didn't move so their kids could play football, that was one unforeseen consequence.

Agelastus

Quote from: Tyr on January 11, 2013, 11:52:12 PM
Quote from: Valmy on January 11, 2013, 08:16:37 PM
That is a very liberal definition of 'very well' there.
:unsure:
Silicon savannah is really taking off thanks to that new East African net cable and a rather good minister they have. They've been posting some rather good general growth numbers too.

Haven't the killings already started in their latest election campaign?
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Larch on January 12, 2013, 05:03:57 PM
But the original inmigrants didn't move so their kids could play football, that was one unforeseen consequence.

So what?  You think the parents are upset their kids got full ride scholarships and are making a million a year?  You think the extended family back in the old country is upset?

The Larch

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 12, 2013, 06:27:24 PM
Quote from: The Larch on January 12, 2013, 05:03:57 PM

So what?  You think the parents are upset their kids got full ride scholarships and are making a million a year?  You think the extended family back in the old country is upset?

Of course not, but that was not their objective in the first place. It's icing on the cake.

sbr

What percentage of African immigrant off-spring do you think get a full ride?  75-80%?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: sbr on January 12, 2013, 07:36:23 PM
What percentage of African immigrant off-spring do you think get a full ride?  75-80%?

A thousandth of a percent?

I wasn't really 100% serious that Africans like the US because all their immigrants go pro.

But I tend to think they view the US green card lottery as pretty nice, and that once the immigrants get here they're treated pretty well.

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on January 11, 2013, 11:52:12 PM
:unsure:
Silicon savannah is really taking off thanks to that new East African net cable and a rather good minister they have. They've been posting some rather good general growth numbers too.

Pretty anemic growth lately, barely keeping up with population growth...and not to mention the recent political unstability.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."