News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Who loves and hates America: a graph!

Started by CountDeMoney, January 11, 2013, 03:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

Israel seems pretty iffy on their approval.  Maybe they'd be more comfortable depending on China.
PDH!

Malthus

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on January 11, 2013, 06:04:23 PM
Israel seems pretty iffy on their approval.  Maybe they'd be more comfortable depending on China.

Huh? Israel isn't on the chart.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

Quote from: Phillip V on January 11, 2013, 04:48:45 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 11, 2013, 04:20:47 PM
I found Brazil somewhat surprising.  I also wonder why the high positives in Kenya and Nigeria (I think), but grey everywhere else in sub-saharan Africa.  Lack of data perhaps?
Kenya considers Obama a native son. No polling data from rest of black Africa except Nigeria, so maybe Nigeria is also happy about Obama.

Yeah, his dad was from one of the biggest tribes in Kenya so they love him.

There's also however the factor of America being what they aspire to being, Kenya and Nigeria are amongst the better off English speaking countries and Kenya at least is developing very well.
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: derspiess on January 11, 2013, 05:15:38 PM
Quote from: PDH on January 11, 2013, 05:01:15 PM
Map sucks.  Little islands are all round.

And they didn't use red for British territory.

Which would have been more accurate as well.  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on January 11, 2013, 07:26:03 PM
Kenya at least is developing very well.

That is a very liberal definition of 'very well' there.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

dps

I'm surprised that Italy has so favorable an opinion of the US.  I guess we need to have the Air Force kill some more skiers.

Josquius

Quote from: Valmy on January 11, 2013, 08:16:37 PM
That is a very liberal definition of 'very well' there.
:unsure:
Silicon savannah is really taking off thanks to that new East African net cable and a rather good minister they have. They've been posting some rather good general growth numbers too.
██████
██████
██████

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on January 11, 2013, 10:00:40 PM
Fucking Turks and Greeks. :rolleyes:

I'm just surprised there's something they agree on.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Africans generally love the US because of our color blind immigration system and because they can make millions playing sports once they get here.

PRC

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 12, 2013, 02:34:08 AM
Africans generally love the US because of our color blind immigration system and because they can make millions playing sports once they get here.

How many African immigrants have made millions playing sports once they get there?

Dikembe Mutumbo & Manut Bol are the only ones that come to mind but i just like saying their names over and over.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 12, 2013, 02:34:08 AM

That's a novel take on slavery.  :hmm: