Good
35 (89.7%)
Bad
4 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: January 15, 2013, 01:53:14 PM

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on January 31, 2013, 03:28:06 PM
So what-- I was 3 at the time.  It's a classic Weekend Update line.

SNL Nazi.  :blurgh:

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 31, 2013, 03:44:48 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 31, 2013, 02:52:04 PM
Seedy, you failed me.  You were my last, best hope :(

Cuban foreign policy is no laughing matter.

Well, you did almost make up for it by going off half-cocked and mentioning a conspiracy theory I never heard of.  That was good for some laffs.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Oh, I remember Cubans in Africa. I did a high school report on the proxy conflicts between East and West in Africa.

I even made the maps on posterboard. That was High Tech back in the day.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 31, 2013, 04:54:33 PM
Oh, I remember Cubans in Africa. I did a high school report on the proxy conflicts between East and West in Africa.

I wrote a few papers on Angola & Namibia in college.  The Angola ones may have had a slight pro-Savimbi tilt :ph34r:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on January 31, 2013, 03:56:41 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 31, 2013, 03:44:48 PM
Seedy, you failed me.  You were my last, best hope :(

Cuban foreign policy is no laughing matter.

Well, you did almost make up for it by going off half-cocked and mentioning a conspiracy theory I never heard of.  That was good for some laffs.

You never heard of that one?  That's an oldie, back during the Rock Hudson AIDS era.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on January 31, 2013, 04:56:48 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on January 31, 2013, 04:54:33 PM

I wrote a few papers on Angola & Namibia in college.  The Angola ones may have had a slight pro-Savimbi tilt :ph34r:

And rightfully so.
Had the South African ambassador to the US visit our high school in 1987.  While everyone was giving him shit about apartheid, I gave him kudos in the auditorium on South African foreign policy regarding silly neighbors.  Saw my teacher do a double-facepalm.

dps

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: dps on February 01, 2013, 03:02:15 AM

Season 1, Episode 22 of SNL:

Gee, how timely.

I should have waited until France pulled out of Mali?  Probably would've forgotten it by then.

Phillip V

citizen k

Sheilbh

As an aside Britain's sent in troops to help train the government forces.

Someone did a study a while ago of countries Britain's military intervened in. Turned out there were only 22 we hadn't. 21 now :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

derspiess

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 06, 2013, 08:14:13 PM
As an aside Britain's sent in troops to help train the government forces.

Someone did a study a while ago of countries Britain's military intervened in. Turned out there were only 22 we hadn't. 21 now :lol:

Sounds like a bucket list.

LaCroix

france: europe's greatest military asset  :wub:

Caliga

The French seem to be doing a good job.  My hat's off to them.  :alberta:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points