News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Al Gore

Started by Phillip V, January 10, 2013, 04:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phillip V

Al Gore Now Richer Than Mitt Romney

The former vice president's fortune is pegged at more than $300 million.

http://money.msn.com/now/post.aspx?post=8c2e441c-d512-4c88-8d16-d17d5d27c012

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Meh - good for him.  I don't care for the man, but I won't begrudge him his financial success.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

DGuller

Quote from: Barrister on January 10, 2013, 05:28:25 PM
Meh - good for him.  I don't care for the man, but I won't begrudge him his financial success.
I would begrudge him if his financial success came as a result of influence peddling.  I don't know if it did, but it's always a real possibility with retired politicians.

Viking

Quote from: DGuller on January 10, 2013, 05:44:54 PM
I would begrudge him if his financial success came as a result of influence peddling.  I don't know if it did, but it's always a real possibility with retired politicians.

He built a business from nothing and sold it to filthy rich foreigners, sort of the bizarro Mitt Romney (who buys a business for nothing and sells the parts to filthy rich foreigners).
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Darth Wagtaros

That's a lot of carbon credits.
PDH!

dps

Quote from: Viking on January 10, 2013, 05:52:43 PM

He built a business from nothing and sold it to filthy rich foreigners, sort of the bizarro Mitt Romney (who buys a business for nothing and sells the parts to filthy rich foreigners).

I thought Gore had inherited a lot of his wealth.

Viking

Quote from: dps on January 10, 2013, 09:52:27 PM

Having a rich dad - well off
Making a blockbuster documentary - rich
Selling TV station to oil sheikhs - priceless

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Phillip V

Quote from: Viking on January 10, 2013, 11:04:13 PM
Quote from: dps on January 10, 2013, 09:52:27 PM

Having a rich dad - well off
Making a blockbuster documentary - rich
Selling TV station to oil sheikhs - priceless

Also, Gore's current stake in Apple is worth $56 million. He probably sold off millions of dollars worth more in the past 10 years serving on Apple's board (attend a few meetings a year).

KRonn

Al Gorezeera. After all his angst over the use of fossil fuels, being the green monster he claims to be, yet he sells out to Al-Jazeera, which was probably founded and supported off of oil money by the oil rich nation of Qatar. Lol.

He supposedly earned 100million in the deal. AJ paid 500 million for Current TV, which has relatively few viewers and probably isn't worth that price tag, but AJ paid it I assume to get into US TV.

CountDeMoney

I like Al Jazeera English;  wish it was more available in the US.

When the only people screaming that it's "Anti-American" is Fox, then I know they must be doing something right.

Valmy

Yeah why are we supposed to hate Al Jazeera again?  I presume they did some outrage at some point.  Or is this just a general hatred of all things Arab?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Title has "al". Therefore = al Qaida .
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Razgovory

Quote from: KRonn on January 11, 2013, 11:03:04 AM
Al Gorezeera. After all his angst over the use of fossil fuels, being the green monster he claims to be, yet he sells out to Al-Jazeera, which was probably founded and supported off of oil money by the oil rich nation of Qatar. Lol.

He supposedly earned 100million in the deal. AJ paid 500 million for Current TV, which has relatively few viewers and probably isn't worth that price tag, but AJ paid it I assume to get into US TV.

"which was probably founded and supported off of oil money"  I really like this.  You freely admit you don't know, yet make a judgement.  Now that's funny.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Viking

Quote from: HVC on January 11, 2013, 01:05:57 PM
Title has "al". Therefore = al Qaida .

Al Jazeera is arabic for "The Island". "Al" in arabic is "the" or the definitive article. So it basically means "The Island" or just "Island".

"Al Qaeda" is "The Base" and apparently has the same meaning in arabic as in english meaning both foundation and base as in base of operations or dr. no's secret lair.