11 (19.3%)
Katherine Janeway/Chakotay
6 (10.5%)
Jonathan Archer/T'Pol
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Syt

Quote from: dps on January 10, 2013, 08:54:04 PM
Troi always had to open her mouth and state the obvious as if it was some sort of deep insight.

It appears someone else watches the Trek reviews on SF debris. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josephus

We always used to make fun of Troi and her semi-empathic abilities.

The Enterprise comes up against a ship that has its guns aimed at the Enterprise. They refuse to communicate further other than to say that they will destroy the entire Federation.

Troi looks at Picard. "Captain, I sense hostility."

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Faeelin

Quote from: Barrister on January 10, 2013, 05:13:51 PM
When Netflix Canada first started showing TNG I started trying to watch in order.

But season one is pretty... blah...

SNG strikes me as a very... thin? show in a lot of ways, compared to DS9, battlestar, etc.

FThere's an episode in Season 5 where everyone's mind is erased by some aliens who can also hack their computrs, but have terrible weapons technology.  The aliens plan on using the ship to take out their enemy's command center... and after that episode, it's never brought up again.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Josephus on January 11, 2013, 08:31:14 AM

The Enterprise comes up against a ship that has its guns aimed at the Enterprise. They refuse to communicate further other than to say that they will destroy the entire Federation.

Who was the captain that sat in while Picard was gone for a few episodes, and told that bitch to get out of street clothes and back in a fucking uniform?  I liked him.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 11, 2013, 12:54:57 PM
Quote from: Josephus on January 11, 2013, 08:31:14 AM

Who was the captain that sat in while Picard was gone for a few episodes, and told that bitch to get out of street clothes and back in a fucking uniform?  I liked him.
Ronny Cox?  Absolute badass.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

That's right.  Yeah, he was cool.

Bitch walking around the bridge showing her ass like it's Ten Forward.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 11, 2013, 01:33:00 PM

Which makes the episode with Michelle Forbes as Bajoran Ensign Ro so unintentionally funny. Riker chews Ro out for wearing her Bajoran earring (non-regulation clothing), but during a briefing Troi sits there in her leotard.
—Stephen Jay Gould

MadImmortalMan

Ensign Ro--The least crazy of the Bajoran ladies.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Neil

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 11, 2013, 02:20:57 PM
Ensign Ro--The least crazy of the Bajoran ladies.  :P
Was Kira all that crazy?  I guess there was the religious thing, but her gods turned out to be real.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadImmortalMan

Dude, Kira was completely unstable. Classic impulsive BPD.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Neil

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 11, 2013, 02:24:17 PM
Dude, Kira was completely unstable. Classic impulsive BPD.
She didn't seem to have Ro's violent problems with authority though.  At least not quite as badly.

viper37

Quote from: Syt on January 11, 2013, 02:10:11 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 11, 2013, 01:33:00 PM

Which makes the episode with Michelle Forbes as Bajoran Ensign Ro so unintentionally funny. Riker chews Ro out for wearing her Bajoran earring (non-regulation clothing), but during a briefing Troi sits there in her leotard.
I got the impression it was because of the religious significance, Starfleet being a no religion zone.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

CountDeMoney

Troi's ass and cameltoe was certainly worship worthy.