News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Recipes for Quinoa

Started by merithyn, January 03, 2013, 10:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Today I bought a pound of quinoa from the local food co-op because I heard that it's supposed to be some kind of wonder food, especially for dieters. (Filling, healthy, and chock full of protein.) The only problem is that I've only ever cooked quinoa once - 15 years ago. I need recipes.

Suggestions?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Razgovory

There are too many vowels in that word.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

What is that, some sort of fad ethnic food?  Barf.

merithyn

Quinoa

QuoteQuinoa (pron.: /ˈkiːnwɑː/ or /kɨˈnoʊ.ə/, Spanish: quinua, from Quechua: kinwa), a species of goosefoot (Chenopodium), is a grain-like crop grown primarily for its edible seeds. It is a pseudocereal rather than a true cereal, or grain, as it is not a member of the true grass family. As a chenopod, quinoa is closely related to species such as beets, spinach and tumbleweeds.

I :wub: Wiki.

CountDeMoney

Have some Special K, like a real soccer mom, for fuck's sake.

Tonitrus

No personal experience, but I saw this on my favorite metrosexual site the other day...

http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-cook-quinoa-63344

merithyn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 03, 2013, 10:30:50 PM
Have some Special K, like a real soccer mom, for fuck's sake.

:mad: My kids don't play soccer! :mad:

Besides, a girl can only eat so much Special K. I'm about done with that stuff.  :yuk:

merithyn

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 03, 2013, 10:37:33 PM
No personal experience, but I saw this on my favorite metrosexual site the other day...

http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-cook-quinoa-63344

:wub:

Tall, wears a uniform, AND metrosexual. You're so dreamy. :wub:

Tonitrus

I'm not metrosexual...they just sometimes have good decorating and cooking ideas.  :mad:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 03, 2013, 10:44:29 PM
I'm not metrosexual...they just sometimes have good decorating and cooking ideas.  :mad:

It's a well known scientific fact that anybody that tall AND that thin is a metrosexual.

merithyn

:wub:

merithyn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 03, 2013, 10:47:25 PM

It's a well known scientific fact that anybody that tall AND that thin is a metrosexual.

What's your excuse? You're neither tall nor thin. :hmm:

CountDeMoney

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 03, 2013, 10:47:25 PM

Tall I may be, but thin?  Even at my height, 267 lbs is not thin.