News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Peter Jackson's Hobbit - The Critique

Started by Martinus, December 25, 2012, 02:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: Caliga on January 01, 2013, 08:35:25 AM
They just seemed like filler to me, which wasn't really necessary in a movie that long.

:wacko:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Maximus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 01, 2013, 07:20:41 AM
Who cares if it was in the Hobbit itself?

It was in the back story, and those changes that weren't were well done.  It all wove together and made sense, that's what is important.
The changes were necessary but they weren't well done. It was pretty much turned into a generic hollywood script.

Jaron

Quote from: Caliga on January 01, 2013, 08:35:25 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 01, 2013, 07:20:41 AM
Who cares if it was in the Hobbit itself?

It was in the back story, and those changes that weren't were well done.  It all wove together and made sense, that's what is important.
While true, I didn't like most of the Radagast inclusions.  They just seemed like filler to me, which wasn't really necessary in a movie that long.

Agreed. The necromancer/Dol Guldur parts aren't important til later. The only reason to include them I can think of is they wanted to be like 'HEY NAZGUL! This is a LOTR prequel! *cue LOTR scary Mordor music*'
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Tonitrus

I agree.  Radagast is part of the backstory, but there is no reason for him to appear in the fist movie, and go stumbling into the dwarf expedition, other than to set up the sequels. 

Scipio

I liked Radagast, although I think they really shoehorned him in.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt