News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2012

Started by Maladict, December 10, 2011, 09:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legbiter

I'd think Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe would be excellent for you Sheilbh if it's strength you're looking for. Best newbie program out there.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

ulmont

Let me second starting strength.

Viking

My BMI just dropped under 30 for the first time since the clinton administration. I'm proud.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

mongers

Quote from: Viking on December 24, 2012, 08:03:00 AM
My BMI just dropped under 30 for the first time since the clinton administration. I'm proud.

:thumpsup:

Cool keep up the good work, Viking you do know people with regilious convictions get an automatice -2 modifier on the BMI?  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on December 22, 2012, 03:36:15 PM
Quote from: mongers on December 20, 2012, 03:23:28 PM
So time for a retrospective on Fitness 2012 ? 

I'm not doing much at the moment, one of my fitness targets was to cycling as far as this years Tour de France race, between the time it finished and Christmas Eve, looks like I'm gonna end up 150km short of the 3500 km total.   <_<

3350km is pretty cool  :bowler:

2012 was a colossal failure, I really need to get it together next year. It's all about regular maintenance when you're on the wrong side of 30.

Well I finally managed it, 5 days late, 2173 miles and it took me 160 days from the end of the Tour de France, whereas those guys did that distance in just 23 days !

In my defence, they may have had slightly better bikes, some help from the peloton, didn't do any off road and didn't have to deal with wet winter weather, but then again they had a fair few big mountains on route, there ain't any of those in central Southern England.  :blush:

Just show what an effort those guys put in. 

Now I need a new challenge.  :hmm:

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 29, 2012, 07:11:08 PM
Quote from: mongers on December 29, 2012, 03:42:45 PM
Now I need a new challenge.  :hmm:

Bike to Vladivostok.

That's insane, but when Ewan McGregor, Charley Boorman and Claudio von Planta did it on proper off-road bikes, that was insanely awesome.