Most viewed articles on Wikipedia in YOUR language.

Started by Syt, December 29, 2012, 07:08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 29, 2012, 02:44:28 PM
Little confused by all the people looking up the US on wiki. :unsure:
They're probably looking up specific facts on the US and using the wiki as the starting point.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Viking

Quote from: mongers on December 29, 2012, 03:49:33 PM
Why are the French so interested in a small evergreen bush.   :hmm:

I'm more curious why the germans are fascinated by cul-de-sac's
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Viking on December 29, 2012, 07:08:32 PM
Quote from: mongers on December 29, 2012, 03:49:33 PM
Why are the French so interested in a small evergreen bush.   :hmm:

I'm more curious why the germans are fascinated by cul-de-sac's

House hunting?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Quote from: Liep on December 29, 2012, 03:42:23 PM

USA is what we hear most about in the news besides our own country, way more than EU for example. So I'm guessing that people look up US now and then when they hear about Sandy, Fiscal Cliffs, Presidential elections, Child shootings, etc.

Probably.  I mean, Wikipedia's article on the US has a map, I imagine.  "Oh, that's where New York is."
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

DontSayBanana

I'm surprised nobody's commented on how all these lists seem to have One Direction on them.  That's kinda disturbing. :P
Experience bij!

Razgovory

Quote from: DontSayBanana on December 30, 2012, 12:07:56 AM
I'm surprised nobody's commented on how all these lists seem to have One Direction on them.  That's kinda disturbing. :P

I had to look up what the hell that means. 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Quote from: Razgovory on December 30, 2012, 01:30:39 AM
Quote from: DontSayBanana on December 30, 2012, 12:07:56 AM

I had to look up what the hell that means.

Yeah, me too. I wasn't aware of them so far.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Duque de Bragança

Portuguese (or Brazilian?)

1. Brasil   3 664 094
2. Luiz Gonzaga   2 218 273
3. Orkut   2 213 289
4. Facebook   2 117 457
5. One Direction   1 851 486
6. Dia dos Namorados   1 776 702
7. Voleibol   1 771 414
8. Google   1 740 549
9. Jogos Olímpicos   1 653 379
10. Segunda Guerra Mundial   1 645 205

Very Brazilian meh.

Archy

Belgium & the Netherlands

1. Hua Shan - 12.719.284 views (apparently Chinese mountain, some bot?)
2. Nederland - 1.169987 views (The Netherlands)
3. Europees kampioenschap voetbal 2012 - 993.020 views (european Championship Soccer 2012)
4. Wiki - 877.146 views
5. Papierformaat - 763.629 views (Format of paper)
6. Nederlandstalige Wikipedia - 761.944 views (Dutch Wikipedia)
7. Titanic (schip) - 755.790 views
8. Lijst van afkortingen - 698.819 views (List of abbreviations)
9. België - 668.960 views (Belgium)
10. Verenigde Staten - 646.803 views (USA)

Razgovory

Cause they envy us.  Also they can write whatever the fuck they want about us without know-it-all Americans correcting them.  I recall on EUOT, you'd always get some damn foreigner who would know more about the US then I did about their home country of Slovenia or whatever.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on December 30, 2012, 07:57:06 PM

Cause they envy us.  Also they can write whatever the fuck they want about us without know-it-all Americans correcting them.  I recall on EUOT, you'd always get some damn foreigner who would know more about the US then I did about their home country of Slovenia or whatever.

I JUST SAW A DOCUMENTARY ON CHANNEL 3. YOU TREATED THE NATIVES POORLY. SHAME
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Which is always odd coming from Croats.  I remember this Indian guy going on about how the US was overreacting to 9-11.  I told him we weren't going to adopt the Indian model of just murdering a thousand of our citizens when something like that happened.  I suppose he assumed I didn't know about that train fire thingy and the riots afterwords.