News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

So, what's your games of the year?

Started by Syt, December 28, 2012, 04:01:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Quote from: Martinus on December 29, 2012, 04:26:09 AM
I'm surprised noone but me mentioned Gods & Kings. With that expansion, Civ 5 is the best Civ game to date.,

I really like the G&K expansion, and if we were talking about the Game of the 4th quarter 2012 I would vote that.  I have only had G&K for a couple months though.

Syt

I don't play Civ5 much - with the latest expansions turn completion even in the classical age is slow as molasses on my PC (i7 3.5GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX660Ti with 2GB RAM).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Off the top of my head it would be CK2, Mass Effect 3 (altough the whole trilogy experience plays a role in that, admittedly), and XCOM.

But it has been quite a year I think.

katmai

XCOM, Walking Dead would be clear and away best i've played.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Neil

In terms of play time, Mass Effect 3 wins by a mile.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

mongers

I've not yet played a game released in 2012.   :blush:

The nearest I've come if finally getting around to playing Civilization 5 a game released early last year. 

edit:
Maybe not, I bought it on steam along with the Gods and Kings expansion, which may have been this year, if so by default, that is my game of the year, well at least for the last day+.   :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Drakken

CK2
Civilization 5
The Secret World

I won't nominate Diablo 3, I found it very 'meh'. Haven't tried XCOM yet, but it's on my list.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

syk

PRC

Scipio

Ass Creed 3 is holding up well, but notwithstanding that, it's light years behind the ones i identified earlier.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

CountDeMoney

I only played it on PS3, but my nod goes to Sleeping Dogs.

Grey Fox

Xcom, Torchlight 2 or Mark of the Ninja.

I really like Darksiders but it's 2 years old already.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Scipio

Dark Souls is pretty intriguing, but I'm not sure I buy it.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt