And we're back!

Main Menu

George H.W. Bush in ICU

Started by jimmy olsen, December 26, 2012, 10:12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on December 27, 2012, 06:24:06 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 27, 2012, 05:07:23 PM
Permission to treat the witness as hostile and unresponsive.
Hostile sure, but Seedy is rarely unresponsive.

I don't need to rehash this argument.  It's been spelled out enough over the years on Languish. 
The lack of diplomatic initiative and resolve in the face of Serbian atrocities in NATO's own back yard is well established, and Bush loses points on it.
Can marshal the world to unite against Hussein's aggression with Kuwait, but can't get NATO to deal with genocide in its own backyard.  If only Croats were made of oil.

So, fuck all you Serb lovers.

Neil

Bush knew that the Balkans weren't worth the bones of a single American grenadier, or an F-117, or a Tomahawk.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

But dune coons that insult each others' mustaches and throw shoes at each other while fucking little boys are.  Roger that.

Ed Anger

The Balkans are europe's responibility, a mission they failed in.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 27, 2012, 09:33:56 PM
But dune coons that insult each others' mustaches and throw shoes at each other while fucking little boys are.  Roger that.
If Europe and Japan run out of sweet, cheap Arab oil, the US would be in dire straits.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 27, 2012, 09:35:46 PM

What was Europe's last successful mission? :hmm:

CountDeMoney

Neil

Quote from: Tonitrus on December 27, 2012, 09:47:28 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 27, 2012, 09:35:46 PM

What was Europe's last successful mission? :hmm:
Depends on if you consider the British efforts in the Falklands as European.

FU CdM.  Exclusion Zone FTW.

Syt

Quote from: Neil on December 27, 2012, 06:24:06 PM
Hostile sure, but Seedy is rarely unresponsive.

It's been twenty years since he was president.  We all forget things from that far back.

Agreed on Seedy, but what about Bush?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Phillip V

1992 minus Ross Perot

GHWB win?

Fireblade

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Scipio

Quote from: Neil on December 27, 2012, 09:39:53 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 27, 2012, 09:33:56 PM
If Europe and Japan run out of sweet, cheap Arab oil, the US would be in dire straits.
But it's written in the starlight, and every line in your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms....
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

PDH

Quote from: Phillip V on December 28, 2012, 01:30:54 AM
1992 minus Ross Perot

GHWB win?

Perot split the voter - according to the exit polls he drew equally from Republican and Democrats in the exit polls (iirc).  Net result would have been the same.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM