And we're back!

Main Menu

George H.W. Bush in ICU

Started by jimmy olsen, December 26, 2012, 10:12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 27, 2012, 02:29:14 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 27, 2012, 02:24:55 PM
I dunno, mixed bag: he played the Soviets and the coup very well, and GW1 was a masterpiece in collective security action, but his response to Tiananmen Square left a lot to be desired, as was his response to the Balkans early in the crisis.

Please elaborate.

His Administration's response to the Balkans early in the crisis left a lot to be desired.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 27, 2012, 05:04:26 PM
His Administration's response to the Balkans early in the crisis left a lot to be desired.

Go on.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Permission to treat the witness as hostile and unresponsive.

Sheilbh

I think Tianamen was an example of his wisdom. I don't think there's enough of a Balkans policy to judge.

Agree on Somalia but I imagine that that was done in negotiations with the Clinton team.
Let's bomb Russia!

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 27, 2012, 05:07:23 PM

Granted.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on December 27, 2012, 05:15:49 PM

Granted.

I object! This judge is compromised and cannot be counted on for a fair and honest opinion on the matter at hand!
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

DGuller

Quote from: merithyn on December 27, 2012, 05:18:52 PM

Granted.

I object! This judge is compromised and cannot be counted on for a fair and honest opinion on the matter at hand!
Sustained.

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on December 27, 2012, 05:20:02 PM
Quote from: merithyn on December 27, 2012, 05:18:52 PM

Granted.

Sustained.

Both of you are removed from the courtroom.

DGuller

Objection!  Your honor, you're in contempt of court.

Razgovory

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 27, 2012, 05:10:41 PM
I think Tianamen was an example of his wisdom. I don't think there's enough of a Balkans policy to judge.

Agree on Somalia but I imagine that that was done in negotiations with the Clinton team.

Eh, I'm with Shelf here.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Hostile sure, but Seedy is rarely unresponsive.

It's been twenty years since he was president.  We all forget things from that far back.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Jacob

Quote from: Neil on December 27, 2012, 06:24:06 PM

It's been twenty years since he was president.  We all forget things from that far back.

Now I'm imagining what the US would be like with Seedy as president...

Tonitrus

Quote from: Jacob on December 27, 2012, 07:00:46 PM

The Secretary of Defense declaring war on China...

mongers

Quote from: Tonitrus on December 27, 2012, 07:59:57 PM
Quote from: Jacob on December 27, 2012, 07:00:46 PM

The Secretary of Defense declaring war on China...

:lol:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017