News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Merry Christmas 2012 !

Started by mongers, December 24, 2012, 07:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 25, 2012, 10:38:28 PM
The youngest 1st grader niece got the only thing she begged, pleaded, told her friends and teachers and anyone who would listen, wrote to Santa multiple times, and held the Elf on the Shelf hostage in a 4 hour standoff with Mommy last week for:  a drum set. 
A real one, too.  Kettle, bass, snare, two tom-toms, a high hat and cymbal.

She and her older 3rd grade sister, the guitarist, were already working on White Stripes tunes by the afternoon.

:cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 25, 2012, 10:38:28 PM
The youngest 1st grader niece got the only thing she begged, pleaded, told her friends and teachers and anyone who would listen, wrote to Santa multiple times, and held the Elf on the Shelf hostage in a 4 hour standoff with Mommy last week for:  a drum set. 
A real one, too.  Kettle, bass, snare, two tom-toms, a high hat and cymbal.

She and her older 3rd grade sister, the guitarist, were already working on White Stripes tunes by the afternoon.

I don't remember if I have told this story here before.  My dad's sister bought me a drum set when I was 5-6; it was a cheap Mickey Mouse one but it made some good noise.  After I outgrew/lost interest in it my dad put it in the attic for close to 10 years until her first kid was the same age and then he gave it back.  The look on her face that Christmas was one of the funnier things I have seen.

Barrister

The one thing Timmy asked for was "cars", and lo and behold, he got more Hot Wheels than you can shake a stick at.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

And I generally got very few presents - wife and I are saving for a big trip.

But from my in-laws, I was very touched to get - hockey skates.  I haven't had a pair for 20-30 years. :cry:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Quote from: mongers on December 25, 2012, 09:22:30 PM
Now that you've mentioned it, I'll have to get one, iirc there's also now a useful release of RISC OS for it.   :bowler:

Set up my SD card last night.  Hooked up a USB keyboard and mouse to it a few minutes ago, plugged an ethernet cable into it, and have it hooked into the HDMI port on my kid's 22" TV.  Powering it with the USB port on the TV & am making this post now on it via Chromium :cool: :nerd:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

derspiess

My brother's mother in law really does not like him.  She gave him a $50 gift card to a local restaurant with stern instructions to use it to take her daughter to dinner for her birthday.  She also got him a set of three ornaments he has no use for.

She gave her other son in law an iPad mini  :lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall