IDIOT writing style of Internet NUTS - who started THIS?

Started by Martinus, December 22, 2012, 02:53:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Ok, so every now and THEN you see some IDIOT who writes like THIS. Does anyone know who started this TREND? It does not seem to be confined to any single POLITICAL option but usually it is employed by some aggressive BLOWHARDS.

Josquius

Dont think its an internet thing, strikes me as the sort of THING people would have done in business related paper communications to make key words stand out.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

Quote from: Martinus on December 22, 2012, 02:53:49 AM
Ok, so every now and THEN you see some IDIOT who writes like THIS. Does anyone know who started this TREND? It does not seem to be confined to any single POLITICAL option but usually it is employed by some aggressive BLOWHARDS.

it was agreed about two and a half years ago by us that we'd start doing THIS to annoy turns out to have worked rather well I wonder what we can start doing to upset you next
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

HisMajestyBOB

I have a coworker who bolds and underlines key words of her emails, especially when she is upset.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on December 22, 2012, 02:53:49 AM

You can find it things written by crazy people prior to the age of the internet.

QuoteGangster Computer God worldwide SECRET CONTAINMENT POLICY, made possible SOLY by worldwide Computer God Frankenstein Controls, especially LIFELONG CONSTANT THRESHOLD BRAIN WASH RADIO ( quiet and motionless, I can slightly hear it; repeatedly this has saved my life on the streets ). FOUR BILLION worldwide population ALL living have a Computer God CONTAINMENT POLICY BRAIN BANK BRAIN, A REAL BRAIN, in the Brain Bank Cities on the far side of the Moon, we never see. Primarily, based on your lifelong Frankenstein radio controls, especially, your eyesight T.V. (sight, and sound) recorded by your brain. YOUR Moon BRAIN of the Computer God, activates your Frankenstein Threshold Brain Wash Radio LIFELONG, inculcating conformist propaganda, even frightening you and mixing you-up and the USUAL, "DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT." for your set backs, mistakes even when you receive deadly injuries. THIS IS THE WORLDWIDE COMPUTER GOD SECRET CONTAINMENT POLICY.

This dates to 1984.  There are some that go back to the 1970's.  Same style.  Interestingly, this is the work of lawyer of Polish decent.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

MadImmortalMan

It's the sign of a person who THINKS with their FEELINGS.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Admiral Yi

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

DGuller

IIRC, first time I've seen someone do that, it was Marti.  Makes sense, actually.  :hmm:

Habbaku

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 22, 2012, 03:17:20 PM
It's how Queen Victoria writes in Flashman.

Pretty sure that was how she spoke.  Elspeth wrote like that, though.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Habbaku on December 22, 2012, 05:18:10 PM
Pretty sure that was how she spoke.  Elspeth wrote like that, though.

I believe you may be right, and that i was in error.