News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Best way to kill a ton of people?

Started by OttoVonBismarck, December 21, 2012, 05:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Razgovory

Every shrink I've seen has told me this really isn't a productive area of discussion.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

That's what 5 Americans, 7 Brits or 12 Europeans ?

Asking the first two groups to run for a taxi, should just about do it.  :)

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on December 21, 2012, 05:47:44 PM
Naw, I work for the government and we talk about this shit all the time in disaster recovery, emergency management and etc meetings where we go over a long list of implausible scenarios and how we'd respond to them.

Yeah, we did the same stuff with EM and DR.  Actually had someone try to figure out how much TNT would be needed to bring down the corporate HQ.
Although, it's interesting to see how the concentration has shrunk from mass casualty events to cyber-events over the last 10 years.  The last massive DR/Business Continuity tabletop I attended was all 100% cyber.

Hospitals still do the mass casualty event stuff all the time;  hell, I remember the one mass casualty exercise I was involved in way back in '94:  what would happen if a commercial plane in the ATC pattern to BWI crashes into Camden Yards on game night?  ITS GONNA NEED A SHITLOAD OF SCREEN DOORS

Quote(In theory, the actual response would be ineptitude and stupidity regardless of whatever plan we spend 60 man hours talking about and 300 man hours designing.)

Ahhhhhhhhhhyup.  Assholes and elbows.

Alcibiades

Attacks at sporting events would probably be the worst for a lot of reasons.   :shutup:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

mongers

Quote from: Alcibiades on December 21, 2012, 11:27:06 PM
Attacks at sporting events would probably be the worst for a lot of reasons.   :shutup:

Yeah, those reschedules games would play hell with the end of season title race.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

Quote from: Alcibiades on December 21, 2012, 11:27:06 PM

Not least because of the movies it would inspire:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on December 21, 2012, 06:01:02 PM
Non-mainstream idea: Spread disinformation that common childhood vaccines are harmful. I wonder how many people have already died to that foolishness? And I don't know that it even involved a true criminal act (maybe a civil suit, though?)

antivaccinebodycount.com
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 21, 2012, 08:30:36 PM
Hospitals still do the mass casualty event stuff all the time;  hell, I remember the one mass casualty exercise I was involved in way back in '94:  what would happen if a commercial plane in the ATC pattern to BWI crashes into Camden Yards on game night?  ITS GONNA NEED A SHITLOAD OF SCREEN DOORS

That flight coming in from Warsaw?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

Quote from: lustindarkness on December 21, 2012, 07:15:29 PM
Well placed explosives on a dam with populated areas downriver.

No, you're confusing things. It's nuclear power that is extremely dangerous to the public. Not hydro. Hydro is safe.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Every time I drive on a crowded interstate I think about the havoc one could cause with a sudden turn of the steering wheel.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 22, 2012, 02:40:11 AM
Every time I drive on a crowded interstate I think about the havoc one could cause with a sudden turn of the steering wheel.

Those aren't good thoughts to have.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Car bombs are pretty easy to build. I know a guy who back in pre-11/9 days for an experiment made one out of an old wreck (safely detonated miles from civilization).

How about messing with train tracks to cause a derailment?
Works for partisans. Never heard of terrorists/general purpose psychos trying it though.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: lustindarkness on December 21, 2012, 07:15:29 PM
Well placed explosives on a dam with populated areas downriver.

That hardly sounds easy though. How are you going to do that without getting caught?

1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Quote from: Tyr on December 22, 2012, 03:15:00 AM
Car bombs are pretty easy to build. I know a guy who back in pre-11/9 days for an experiment made one out of an old wreck (safely detonated miles from civilization).
When I was a kid we used to experiment with pipe bombs.  Usually we would blow up stumps out in the woods.  One time, one of my friends was hammering a pipe bomb shut and it detonated in his face, which meant that he ended up with a glass eye.  That ended the pipe bomb experimentation for all of us. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points