Started by Malthus, December 19, 2012, 07:54:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phillip V

We need eagle control or a total ban.

Tamas

Malthus

Quote from: Phillip V on December 19, 2012, 01:53:36 PM

No. As I said above, we need to allow parents to carry concealed eagles.

Anyway, I blame the Americans. They are jealous of our kid's test scores and are sending their national symbol to get revenge! 

Oh, and as expected, it's a hoax.  ;)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/story/2012/12/19/montreal-golden-eagle-viral-video.html
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

sbr

Quote from: Malthus on December 19, 2012, 02:16:03 PM

Anyway, I blame the Americans. They are jealous of our kid's test scores and are sending their national symbol to get revenge! 

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/story/2012/12/19/montreal-golden-eagle-viral-video.html

Twas tainted.

Syt

QuoteDavid Bird, a McGill University professor of wildlife biology, had said earlier that he doubted the video's authenticity.

Bird said he has never heard of an eagle grabbing a child.

"The public has nothing to fear from bald eagles in that regard of picking up their babies, and for that matter, even their pets."

Of course he would say that.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Drakken

It's a hoax. It was made by four students in 3D animation for an assignment yesterday, and their teacher confirmed.

Case closed.

Malthus

Quote from: Drakken on December 19, 2012, 03:07:32 PM
It's a hoax. It was made by four students in 3D animation for an assignment yesterday, and their teacher confirmed.

Case closed.

See post 17.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

viper37

I'm not the only one not following the latest Languish news :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Malthus

Quote from: viper37 on December 19, 2012, 03:27:01 PM
I'm not the only one not following the latest Languish news :P

It's you people from Quebec. Complex stuff - like Languish - confuses you.  :P

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 19, 2012, 08:08:29 AM
Hey, eagles gotta eat, too.
That or grallon has finally ascended to godhood.

crazy canuck

I hope they got an A on the assignment.

It would be funny if the prof marked them down for not being realistic enough. :D

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Syt on December 19, 2012, 03:06:30 PM
QuoteDavid Bird, a McGill University professor of wildlife biology, had said earlier that he doubted the video's authenticity.

Bird said he has never heard of an eagle grabbing a child.

"The public has nothing to fear from bald eagles in that regard of picking up their babies, and for that matter, even their pets."

Of course he would say that.
Goats weigh more than a toddler, and eagles will attack them, so I just don't think that's true.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Shame its a hoax, seemed feasible and awesome,
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on December 19, 2012, 02:16:03 PM

Mexico uses the golden eagle, not America. ;)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Here's a real Eagle attack, filmed in Mongolia, so fuck that Eagle apologist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7ZFLuZqCXc
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point