News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Montreal toddler-snatching Eagle

Started by Malthus, December 19, 2012, 07:54:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Dunno if real, but if so - that's one ambitious bird!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE0Q904gtMI

Obviously, Canadian parents should be allowed to carry concealed eagles, just in case.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

:lol:  Seems like the kind of thing that has to be fake, but it doesn't look obviously fake to me.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Grey Fox

Hey, it happens.

At my dad & his GF's cabin, if you have a small dog roam outside unleashed, you will lose it to the eagles.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Malthus

Good thing that was one chubby toddler.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

jimmy olsen

Why wouldn't it be real? Totally plausible given the mass of the eagle and the kid.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Malthus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 19, 2012, 08:41:31 AM
Why wouldn't it be real? Totally plausible given the mass of the eagle and the kid.

Unlikely chance of filming the bird at just the right moment. It is possible I suppose, but so is some sort of fakery. Myself, I have no idea.

jimmy olsen

I suppose it could be faked, but even if that turns out to be the case, the scenario is plausible.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Malthus

This is the original Montreal eagle thread, goddamit!  :P

Zanza

There are plenty of videos on Youtube with eagles attacking goats or even wolves, so I don't see why a human baby wouldn't be possible prey for an eagle.

viper37

Lots of people with cameras on Mount Royal.  It's plausible someone saw the eagle in the sky and started filming it.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 19, 2012, 08:26:45 AM
Hey, it happens.

At my dad & his GF's cabin, if you have a small dog roam outside unleashed, you will lose it to the eagles.
Aren't you his GF?
PDH!

PDH

While the big eagles do go after larger things from time to time, they strike to wound at those times, not to carry off.  An older eagle like that would have shredded the jacket in such a strike.  The intent is to stun/kill so that the bird can come back to feed.

Even big fish can cause problems for bald eagles - they don't just strain mightily when they get something too large, they either give up right away or crash.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Grey Fox

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on December 19, 2012, 10:12:43 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on December 19, 2012, 08:26:45 AM
Hey, it happens.

Aren't you his GF?

Yes and no, it's very situational.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points