And we're back!

Main Menu

Pets in the Obituaries?

Started by AnchorClanker, December 18, 2012, 11:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

My late cat Caesar accomplished the following in his life:

* killed one mouse and delivered the corpse to me
* meowed when a pizza boy was at my door but for some weird reason would not ring the doorbell

That's it. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on December 18, 2012, 12:46:39 PM
* meowed when a pizza boy was at my door but for some weird reason would not ring the doorbell

Probably because the cat couldn't reach it. 

dps

Proves the point--that's  more than most people accomplish in their lives.

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 18, 2012, 12:30:06 PM
Quote from: AnchorClanker on December 18, 2012, 11:23:04 AM
So, what say you?  I get that we're sad after a pet dies, but is is proper to have a pet obituary WITH the human obituaries?  Might it not be better to have a different listing and not mash them together?

Some cats have accomplished more with their lives than most people.

It may well be that the pet obituaries section will become more prestigious than the human one, but the newspaper can maintain a diplomatic silence on that.

crazy canuck

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 18, 2012, 12:48:17 PM

Probably because the cat couldn't reach it.

First obits, now we have to start acommodating height challenged cats

Admiral Yi

One of our cats spent 6 months living alone on the streets of downtown Seoul and made it unassisted to the new house we had moved to.

It's the most incredibly badass thing a living creature I have known has ever done.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 18, 2012, 04:46:58 PM
One of our cats spent 6 months living alone on the streets of downtown Seoul and made it unassisted to the new house we had moved to.

It's the most incredibly badass thing a living creature I have known has ever done.

Damn, I bet he burned up as shitload of those nine lives in the meantime, too.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 18, 2012, 04:56:34 PM
Damn, I bet he burned up as shitload of those nine lives in the meantime, too.

She, but otherwise agree.

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 18, 2012, 04:46:58 PM

Maybe you have a very distinctive odor? :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on December 18, 2012, 05:17:03 PM
Maybe you have a very distinctive odor? :hmm:

Just because I totally punked your cat is no reason to get personal.

Razgovory

Quote from: Barrister on December 18, 2012, 11:26:38 AM
Meh - the obits aren't all that far away from the thinly-disguised prostitution ads in the newspaper classifieds anyways, so it's hard to get too worked up over it.

Uh, what kind of prostitution do they have up in the Yukon?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 18, 2012, 12:30:06 PM
Quote from: AnchorClanker on December 18, 2012, 11:23:04 AM
So, what say you?  I get that we're sad after a pet dies, but is is proper to have a pet obituary WITH the human obituaries?  Might it not be better to have a different listing and not mash them together?

Some cats have accomplished more with their lives than most people.

It's true.  There was a cat named Simon that attained the rank of "Able Seacat", in the Royal Navy.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Tonitrus

Quote from: Razgovory on December 18, 2012, 05:22:29 PM
Quote from: Barrister on December 18, 2012, 11:26:38 AM
Meh - the obits aren't all that far away from the thinly-disguised prostitution ads in the newspaper classifieds anyways, so it's hard to get too worked up over it.

Uh, what kind of prostitution do they have up in the Yukon?

HVC

Wow, The university of washington had its own stable of ho's? Fancy.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Razgovory

I'm simply concerned that BB is making a connection between Obituaries and adds for prostitutes.   That's more then a little creepy.