News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fogh for NATO?

Started by bogh, March 10, 2009, 04:57:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Octavian

Since this is a thread about Fogh it's perhaps noteworthy that he with his Economy degree only worked 6 months in "the real world" as a substitute teacher in folkeskolen before being elected to parliament.

Although i'm not sure why working with politics, being in parliament etc. aren't considered the real world. It's seems real to me.

Anyway we shouldn't really be airing our dirty secrets and failings here on languish in front of the weird foreigners

I call for a great danish consensus to be reached!
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Valdemar

Liep

Isn't their new useless, but pretty, girl a brunette?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Larch

Quote from: Octavian on December 14, 2011, 08:20:31 AM
Anyway we shouldn't really be airing our dirty secrets and failings here on languish in front of the weird foreigners.

Too late.  :P

In Spain we have the same arguments about our politicians' lack of work experience in anything but politics.

Liep

Okay. And if you're thinking of Schmidt-Nielsen, then she's really the only reason they got a good election which sort of disqualify her as blond.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valdemar

Since this is a thread about Fogh it's perhaps noteworthy that he with his Economy degree only worked 6 months in "the real world" as a substitute teacher in folkeskolen before being elected to parliament.

Although i'm not sure why working with politics, being in parliament etc. aren't considered the real world. It's seems real to me.

Anyway we shouldn't really be airing our dirty secrets and failings here on languish in front of the weird foreigners

True, but there is a distinct difference btw. having been a jumior member of parliament, then "ordfører" then "minister" then PM.

And, being fresh out of Uni, first election and minister of tax...

A few fresh ones is fine, but the majority have no parliamentary exp at all.

Even old ones on liste A used to have worked in their party orgs or AE before settling on any taburet ;)

V

Valdemar

Quote from: Liep on December 14, 2011, 08:23:58 AM

Okay. And if you're thinking of Schmidt-Nielsen, then she's really the only reason they got a good election which sort of disqualify her as blond.

Why are you posting pernille skipper?

Yes I was thinking of JSN

V

Liep

The only interviews I've seen with Skipper she has failed miserably, which is why I thought you meant her. Usually JSN can handle herself in debates.

Valdemar

Quote from: Liep on December 14, 2011, 08:28:51 AM
The only interviews I've seen with Skipper she has failed miserably, which is why I thought you meant her. Usually JSN can handle herself in debates.

Indeed, I like her alot, but like DF EL has the luxury of being able to be unrealistic when being populisisc in their demands ;)

And like DF they are quite good rhetorically on one liners and single issues. well JSN is, the rest of EL not so much :D

V

Liep

I miss Søren Søndergaard. :(

Octavian

Quote from: Valdemar on December 14, 2011, 08:24:05 AM

True, but there is a distinct difference btw. having been a jumior member of parliament, then "ordfører" then "minister" then PM.

And, being fresh out of Uni, first election and minister of tax...

A few fresh ones is fine, but the majority have no parliamentary exp at all.

Even old ones on liste A used to have worked in their party orgs or AE before settling on any taburet ;)

V

Yeah I don't really disagree. During the last regional elections Region H. was about to get a 25 year old as chairman. Working as a civil servant in a Region I can safely say that the only politician with real power is the chairman. As chairman he would have dealt with various medicinal companies, Doctors unions, civil servants with 20-30 years of experience on all levels of the organization. He would have been raped!

Thankfully he failed in becoming chairman.
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Liep

Yeah, he was a good example of why career politicians are dangerous, he saw a possibility to get a better position and screwed his allies and his party.

Octavian

- Eyal Yanilov.

- Bruce Lee

Mr.Penguin

Quote from: Liep on December 14, 2011, 08:12:04 AM
Quote from: Mr.Penguin on December 14, 2011, 06:18:12 AM

That may be the problem, they only have their university degrees. Few of them have ever held a real job or been out in the real world...

2 years as head of the youth party, then maybe some work for a municipal post wait for a local nomination, and then get lucky and be in a flavour of the month party come election time. Or just be blond and a member of DF.

Or as our current prime minister, be young student with leftwing views (communist), have your boyfriend introduce you to Ritt Bjerregaard who is "impressed by your charisma and self confidence". Join the party and before you know it, you are rewarded with a job in the party and a fast track to the party leadership, in front all other young hopefuls party members, as the party secretary suddenly also is "impressed by your charisma and self confidence"...     
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

Liep

Reading "nationen!" is like banging your head against a wall. Repeatedly. But I still read it... why is that? :P