News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fogh for NATO?

Started by bogh, March 10, 2009, 04:57:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: Valdemar on November 18, 2009, 05:36:06 AM
here in Lyngby we had a similar situation.

SF left the "Vision 2010" group that wanted to break the S K power....

They went back to S and K to get the mayor post, giving S and K all the commitee posts  <_<

So they went to election on a promise to get rid of S and K influence, then joined up with them securing S and K another 4 years of mismanagement :(

V

And it all ends with SF out and K still in place. Ahh, local politics. :bleeding:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

And my uncle got elected with a staggering 300-something personal votes.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Mr.Penguin

Quote from: Liep on November 18, 2009, 10:55:57 AM
Quote from: bogh on November 18, 2009, 10:49:48 AM
I voted Conservative last local elections because I couldn't stomach Bondam. The liberal part of the Conservatives and the right wing Social Liberals have much in common. I wouldn't mind an RVK government, but right wingers in R have purged themselves or have been purged to make that a slim chance.

The conservatives have lost just as much trying to work together with DF. Seeberg were the last Conservative I liked and that went horribly wrong for her. :P

Trust me we would dump DF in a heart beat, if we could find someone from the political center, the problem is that there is nobody there...
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

Mr.Penguin

Quote from: Liep on November 18, 2009, 11:02:55 AM

They went back to S and K to get the mayor post, giving S and K all the commitee posts  <_<

So they went to election on a promise to get rid of S and K influence, then joined up with them securing S and K another 4 years of mismanagement :(

V

And it all ends with SF out and K still in place. Ahh, local politics. :bleeding:

:nelson

Liep

Quote from: bogh on November 18, 2009, 09:15:43 AMYeah, as an R-voter (voted for Manu Sareen, hoping he'd get more personal votes than Bondam, prompting a change in local leadership), I am not amused. There's gonna be mutiny in the Copenhagen party, I think - already Manu has called out Bondam on it.

Politiken reports he got at least thrice the amount of personal votes as Bondam. Not that it changes the fact that we'll be seeing Mr. Buckingham four more years.

Mr.Penguin

Lol, the Social-Liberals (R) in Copenhagen doesnt even have the guts kick out Bondam while they had the chance, cementing their own doom. He even offed to step down if the local group didnt back him...

Liep

Quote from: Mr.Penguin on November 19, 2009, 06:04:44 AM
Lol, the Social-Liberals (R) in Copenhagen doesnt even have the guts kick out Bondam while they had the chance, cementing their own doom. He even offed to step down if the local group didnt back him...

While I'm sure that Sareen would be a much better mayor than Bondam, and at that post especially, I don't think he could accept it with the backing of DF.

Mr.Penguin

Quote from: Liep on November 19, 2009, 06:16:21 AM
While I'm sure that Sareen would be a much better mayor than Bondam, and at that post especially, I don't think he could accept it with the backing of DF.

Yes, they doomed if they do and doomed if they dont, nice one Bondam... :thumbsup:

Liep

Quote from: Mr.Penguin on November 19, 2009, 06:26:42 AM

Yes, they doomed if they do and doomed if they dont, nice one Bondam... :thumbsup:

At this point I'm hoping he'll drop his pants and crack a joke about sex tourism in Thailand.

Mr.Penguin

Quote from: Liep on November 19, 2009, 06:29:23 AM
Quote from: Mr.Penguin on November 19, 2009, 06:26:42 AM

At this point I'm hoping he'll drop his pants and crack a joke about sex tourism in Thailand.

Oh yes, that would be the day... :lol:

Valdemar

Quote from: Liep on November 18, 2009, 11:02:55 AM

V

Yes :(

While I like a "borgeligt flertal"  and V had by far the most votes to have K still in power with the notoriously incompetent Rolf at the head is inexcusable..

He should at the very least have offered V the seat of Mayor given they are the biggest party

V

bogh

That's what he says.

Another reading could be that the national leadership asked him to put a lid on the whole deal and not rock the boat anymore.

Or maybe he decided that showing internal loyality was a good move with an eye to the future (come next election he'd be a dead certainty for mayor or a seat in parliament) - maybe he thinks the pay off will be better in the long run. I'd guess the splits and fractionalization of the party in recent years has put a premium on calm heads with patience.

I am a little dissappointed myself - I voted for Manu pretty much in the hope of him overtaking Bondam, prompting a change. But at any rate, Bondam is a dead man walking IMO and Manu comes out much strengthened. So at least partial success.

Mr.Penguin

It pretty clear that Manu Sareen has been offed a chance to run for parlament, in the next national elections, in return for not rocking the boat. In fact I believe, that he is just the kind of new young blood, that aging Social-Liberal group in the parlament needs. Ofcourse the chance is that he turns into a new Naser Khader... ;)

bogh

Quote from: Mr.Penguin on November 19, 2009, 10:16:49 AM
It pretty clear that Manu Sareen has been offed a chance to run for parlament, in the next national elections, in return for not rocking the boat. In fact I believe, that he is just the kind of new young blood, that aging Social-Liberal group in the parlament needs. Ofcourse the chance is that he turns into a new Naser Khader... ;)

Unlike Khader, Manu has been doing the grinding legwork in a municipal government for almost ten years and working grass roots before that. Plus Khader would have seized the Mayoral post the moment he had the chance. He may turn out to be a dud (or may become a victim of the terrible electoral result I am sure the Social Liberals will have next time around), but I don't see him becoming a new Khader.

Mr.Penguin

Quote from: bogh on November 19, 2009, 11:02:21 AM
Quote from: Mr.Penguin on November 19, 2009, 10:16:49 AM

Unlike Khader, Manu has been doing the grinding legwork in a municipal government for almost ten years and working grass roots before that. Plus Khader would have seized the Mayoral post the moment he had the chance. He may turn out to be a dud (or may become a victim of the terrible electoral result I am sure the Social Liberals will have next time around), but I don't see him becoming a new Khader.

Lets hope not, we conservatives cant really handle any more single issue ex- Social-Liberals. Please tell me the truth, it was on purpose did you send him over in to our camp, wasnt it?. All part of your cunning master plan to regain power...