Elementary school shooting gun control pissing contest

Started by Grey Fox, December 14, 2012, 01:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Berkut

That is actually an excellent example of why I would support getting rid of the 2nd Amendment.

When it becomes difficult to discuss how to legislate what kind of specialized ammunition private citizens should be able to carry in the portable machine guns, I start to think that whatever the intent of the founding fathers might have been in regards to the right(s) the 2nd is protecting is not really relevant to that discussion.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Neil

Quote from: 11B4V on January 06, 2013, 02:40:31 AM
Quote from: Neil on December 17, 2012, 10:20:55 PM
Surely the Second Amendment protects your right to not use triggerlocks?

Maybe next the NRA can get using dum-dum rounds bullet on preschoolers ruled as protected speech.
I dont think you know what a dum-dum bullet is. I probably have several thousand down stairs in my reloading room. They are quite legal. But not legal so to speak for the military to use.
Why would you think that I wouldn't know what a dum-dum bullet is?  With my background in Imperial history and arms control, how could I not?  Do you think that because I don't jerk off to firearms that I don't know my history?

The key part of my statement isn't so much the particulars of the ammunition, but rather that the NRA are a bunch of dangerous lunatics who can't be trusted with firearms.  I wasn't making a statement on the legality of the dum-dum, but rather that the NRA wants kids to get shot.  The dum-dum was just for effect as a terrible weapon.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Dude, Even I know what it is.  It's not like it's big secret.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

sbr

Quote from: The Brain on January 06, 2013, 03:34:29 AM
I like how 11B is fine with using dum-dum bullets on preschoolers.

He doesn't care as long as you know what a dum-dum is.

Wait, do dum-dums go in a clip or a magazine?

Razgovory

Quote from: sbr on January 06, 2013, 01:48:35 PM
Quote from: The Brain on January 06, 2013, 03:34:29 AM
I like how 11B is fine with using dum-dum bullets on preschoolers.

He doesn't care as long as you know what a dum-dum is.

Pamphlets.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

:lol: 

The proper place is a revolver cylinder.  Duh.

11B4V

Quotebut rather that the NRA wants kids to get shot

They do? Were did they say that. Typical anti-nutter statement.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: Berkut on January 06, 2013, 10:50:30 AM
When it becomes difficult to discuss how to legislate what kind of specialized ammunition private citizens should be able to carry in the portable machine guns

What specialized ammo are you taking about? If your talking about soft point bullets..they are not specialized. If you are talking armor piercing ..yes most def.  Tungston core solid...specialized yes...but used for dangerous game hunting, very expensive, and not available below .338 caliber. Hollow Point Boat Tail bullets...specialized yes....expensive.

So, active shooters carrying "Assault Weapons" use cheap military bulk ball ammunition, which is not used/ legal for big game hunting, not good competition target ammo, and not used for dangerous game hunting.

The 2nd Amend talks about gun ownership not ammo ownership.

Machine guns...really. What machine guns?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 06, 2013, 01:58:11 PM

:lol: 

The proper place is a revolver cylinder.  Duh.

no hydra-shoks or as Neil states "dum-dum"  :lol: can go in a magazine too.

Neil

Quote from: 11B4V on January 06, 2013, 08:36:29 PM

They want guns near children and everybody carrying hidden weapons.  Just because they don't think through the consequences of their stances doesn't mean that those consequences don't exist.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

11B4V

Quote from: Neil on January 06, 2013, 09:28:20 PM

They want guns near children and everybody carrying hidden weapons.  Just because they don't think through the consequences of their stances doesn't mean that those consequences don't exist.

So, you are admitting they didn't say "they" want kids to get shot?

MadBurgerMaker

Neil

Quote from: 11B4V on January 06, 2013, 09:29:57 PM
Quote from: Neil on January 06, 2013, 09:28:20 PM

So, you are admitting they didn't say "they" want kids to get shot?
No.

11B4V

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on January 06, 2013, 09:44:39 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on January 06, 2013, 08:39:05 PM
Machine guns...really. What machine guns?

Portable ones.  :smarty:

:lol: Ah, quite so. I dont know of many active shooter incidents that have been armed with an M240