Elementary school shooting gun control pissing contest

Started by Grey Fox, December 14, 2012, 01:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

HVC

Quote from: derspiess on December 24, 2012, 01:16:10 PM
Just renewed my membership btw :contract:
you make baby Jesus cry. And just before his birthday too.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Razgovory

Hey I spout crazy bullshit all the time and you never give me money.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on December 24, 2012, 01:24:23 PM

Hey I spout crazy bullshit all the time and you never give me money.

Oh, you get some of my money.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: HVC on December 24, 2012, 01:18:05 PM

They put out a good magazine :D

Plus the rifle & pistol club I'm trying to join requires NRA membership.

mongers

Quote from: derspiess on December 24, 2012, 01:30:58 PM

They put out a good magazine :D

Plus the rifle & pistol club I'm trying to join requires NRA membership.

It's so exclusive it won't have you as a member, unless you prove you're a nut, figures.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

derspiess

Quote from: mongers on December 24, 2012, 01:35:31 PM
It's so exclusive it won't have you as a member, unless you prove you're a nut, figures.  :cool:

:rolleyes: 

mongers

Quote from: HVC on December 24, 2012, 12:53:50 PM
Is there even another non-crazy alternative to the NRA?  Seems like rifle associations in the US would have to tend to go loony at some tipping point.

I could see a new gun owners and collectors group, with responsible, thoughtful members like 11B4V and OttoV, garnering some attention over time.

Of course if the politicians and media only respond to people/lobby groups from the extreme ends of the spectrum on any issue, then such an organisation would be doomed.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Jesus used assault rifles to fight the Romans. FACT.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 24, 2012, 01:50:14 PM

Jesus used assault rifles to fight the Romans. FACT.
while riding dinosaurs!
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

Quote from: mongers on December 24, 2012, 01:48:47 PM
Quote from: HVC on December 24, 2012, 12:53:50 PM
Is there even another non-crazy alternative to the NRA?  Seems like rifle associations in the US would have to tend to go loony at some tipping point.

I could see a new gun owners and collectors group, with responsible, thoughtful members like 11B4V and OttoV, garnering some attention over time.

Of course if the politicians and media only respond to people/lobby groups from the extreme ends of the spectrum on any issue, then such an organisation would be doomed.
but with an issue likes guns eventually you'd have enough nuts joIn that it would tip the new group over. I mean there has to be a time when the NRA wasn't this bad.

Razgovory

Following is the letter of resignation sent last week by former President George Bush to the National Rifle Association: May 3, 1995

Dear Mr. Washington,

I was outraged when, even in the wake of the Oklahoma City tragedy, Mr. Wayne LaPierre, executive vice president of N.R.A., defended his attack on federal agents as "jack-booted thugs." To attack Secret Service agents or A.T.F. people or any government law enforcement people as "wearing Nazi bucket helmets and black storm trooper uniforms" wanting to "attack law abiding citizens" is a vicious slander on good people.

Al Whicher, who served on my [ United States Secret Service ] detail when I was Vice President and President, was killed in Oklahoma City. He was no Nazi. He was a kind man, a loving parent, a man dedicated to serving his country -- and serve it well he did.

In 1993, I attended the wake for A.T.F. agent Steve Willis, another dedicated officer who did his duty. I can assure you that this honorable man, killed by weird cultists, was no Nazi.

John Magaw, who used to head the U.S.S.S. and now heads A.T.F., is one of the most principled, decent men I have ever known. He would be the last to condone the kind of illegal behavior your ugly letter charges. The same is true for the F.B.I.'s able Director Louis Freeh. I appointed Mr. Freeh to the Federal Bench. His integrity and honor are beyond question.

Both John Magaw and Judge Freeh were in office when I was President. They both now serve in the current administration. They both have badges. Neither of them would ever give the government's "go ahead to harass, intimidate, even murder law abiding citizens." (Your words)

I am a gun owner and an avid hunter. Over the years I have agreed with most of N.R.A.'s objectives, particularly your educational and training efforts, and your fundamental stance in favor of owning guns.

However, your broadside against Federal agents deeply offends my own sense of decency and honor; and it offends my concept of service to country. It indirectly slanders a wide array of government law enforcement officials, who are out there, day and night, laying their lives on the line for all of us.

You have not repudiated Mr. LaPierre's unwarranted attack. Therefore, I resign as a Life Member of N.R.A., said resignation to be effective upon your receipt of this letter. Please remove my name from your membership list. Sincerely, [ signed ] George Bush

http://www.nytimes.com/1995/05/11/us/letter-of-resignation-sent-by-bush-to-rifle-association.html
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Of course you did.  Retards of a feather flock together.

Habbaku

I let my membership lapse several years ago after one of LaPierre's outbursts.  I forget which.   -_-
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien