Started by jimmy olsen, December 12, 2012, 12:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Woohoo, Zito only made 6th!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

sbr

Quote from: katmai on February 13, 2013, 06:17:40 PM
Woohoo, Zito only made 6th!

I'm sure he would be Top 5 if he had more than one year left.

katmai

Well his performance in playoffs last year bought him a bunch of good will :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

The Orioles are gonna suck this year.  Magic: gone.   :(

Valmy

The Italians have done amazing in the WBC...but looking at their roster I see they were very liberal in their definition of 'Italian'  :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 13, 2013, 08:00:04 PM

Don't stop believing!  Because...um...why not?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

dps

Quote from: Valmy on March 11, 2013, 02:29:34 PM

Thing is, they might suck and still win the division.  Let's see:  The Red Sox may still be completely disfunctional;  if they re-started the senior's league, almost the Yankee's whole roster would be eligible;  Toronto hasn't proved anything yet;  and who know how long the Rays can keep winning with their shoestring finanaces.  If I was a betting man, personally, I'd bet on the Rays to win the division, but the Orioles definately have a shot.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on March 11, 2013, 02:29:34 PM

Why not? Because I remember 1990.

alfred russel

Quote from: dps on March 12, 2013, 02:58:46 AM
Thing is, they might suck and still win the division.  Let's see:  The Red Sox may still be completely disfunctional;  if they re-started the senior's league, almost the Yankee's whole roster would be eligible;  Toronto hasn't proved anything yet;  and who know how long the Rays can keep winning with their shoestring finanaces.  If I was a betting man, personally, I'd bet on the Rays to win the division, but the Orioles definately have a shot.

I saw the Yankees were making a run at Chipper Jones. He had a good season last year which implies he can still play, but on the surface it looks funny to try to plug holes on a really old team possibly breaking down with a guy that is retired.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

dps

Quote from: alfred russel on March 12, 2013, 08:59:02 AM
Quote from: dps on March 12, 2013, 02:58:46 AM

I saw the Yankees were making a run at Chipper Jones. He had a good season last year which implies he can still play, but on the surface it looks funny to try to plug holes on a really old team possibly breaking down with a guy that is retired.

Well, I could make a joke, but the fact is that they need someone at 3rd if ARod can't go, and I'm not sure who would be available at the position.  But I don't see why Jones would sign with them knowing he's likely to be released after a couple months or so if ARod is able to come back.  Might be different if instead of retiring, he'd been released and had been trying to find a team to sign with.

sbr

Barrister

No love here for the WBC?

Canada is out, again.  I actually sat down and watched the Canada-US game.  I forgot how interesting a baseball game can be when it's one game, winner-take-all.  I didn't recognize any names besides Joe Mauer, but whatever.

Of course I had to leave around the 7th inning to get some groceries.  When I left Canada was up by one run.  Of course when I finally found the score (online - it wasn't being reported on any sports channel) it was a US blowout. <_<
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on March 12, 2013, 12:30:30 PM

I watched the US lose to Mexico.

I commented on Italy and their amazing collection of pseudo-Italians earlier :P

dps

Quote from: Barrister on March 12, 2013, 12:30:30 PM

Canada is out, again.  I actually sat down and watched the Canada-US game.  I forgot how interesting a baseball game can be when it's one game, winner-take-all.  I didn't recognize any names besides Joe Mauer, but whatever.

Of course I had to leave around the 7th inning to get some groceries.  When I left Canada was up by one run.  Of course when I finally found the score (online - it wasn't being reported on any sports channel) it was a US blowout. <_<

Well, at least you can take comfort in the fact that it wasn't Canada that finished last in the pool and will have to qualify for 2017. 

I'd figure that Mexico's last-place finish isn't going down so good there.

fhdz

The Dominicans are going to win it.
and the horse you rode in on