And we're back!

Main Menu

HSBC fined $1.9 billion dollars by the US

Started by jimmy olsen, December 11, 2012, 05:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phillip V

Martinus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 11, 2012, 05:35:21 AM
Good, these mega-banks only take numbers seriously when they're in the billions.

Negative. Assuming the fine does not kill the bank, it's just another number on the P&L. The only thing corporate officers take seriously is jail time.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on December 20, 2012, 09:39:59 AM
Good, these mega-banks only take numbers seriously when they're in the billions.

Negative. Assuming the fine does not kill the bank, it's just another number on the P&L. The only thing corporate officers take seriously is jail time.
I bet you they'd take confiscation of their goods and a choice between transportation to Africa or execution seriously.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Martinus

Quote from: Neil on December 20, 2012, 03:03:02 PM
Quote from: Martinus on December 20, 2012, 09:39:59 AM

I bet you they'd take confiscation of their goods and a choice between transportation to Africa or execution seriously.

That too but it's never on the table, sadly.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.