Clinton fears efforts to 're-Sovietize' in Europe

Started by jimmy olsen, December 09, 2012, 09:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

QuoteThe United Nations Group of Experts on Geographical Names (UNGEGN) was set up to consider the technical problems of domestic standardization of geographical names.[citation needed] The Group is composed of experts from various linguistic/geographical divisions that have been established at the UN Conferences on the Standardization of Geographical Names.
Eastern Europe and Northern and Central Asia Division:[14] Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bulgaria, Georgia, Russian Federation, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Ukraine.
East Central and South-East Europe Division:[14]Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Macedonia, Poland, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia and Ukraine.
Romano–Hellenic Division:[14] Fourteen countries[15] including Belgium, Cyprus, France, Greece, Holy See, Italy, Luxembourg, Monaco, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, Romania and Moldova.
Baltic Division:[14] Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on December 10, 2012, 02:00:37 AM
This link says Poland is East Central Europe.  :huh:

Blah.

QuoteThe United Nations Statistics Division developed a selection of geographical regions and groupings of countries and areas, which are or may be used in compilation of statistics. In this collection, the following ten countries were classified as Eastern Europe:Belarus, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia and Ukraine.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Admiral Yi

Agree with Tamas.  For there to be a Central Europe either Germany or Austria has to be dominating it's neighbors.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 10, 2012, 02:53:55 AM
Agree with Tamas.  For there to be a Central Europe either Germany or Austria has to be dominating it's neighbors.
according to some Germany is dominating the whole EU, in which case there's only a central europe left

Camerus

Funny how few people want to admit to living in eastern Europe.   :P

Richard Hakluyt

I think the "East Central and South-East Europe Division" needs a rename, something snappier and more memorable, "Special Division" ought to cover it  :huh:

Syt

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on December 10, 2012, 03:35:32 AM
I think the "East Central and South-East Europe Division" needs a rename, something snappier and more memorable, "Special Needs Division" ought to cover it  :huh:

FYP
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Richard Hakluyt

The "needs" bit was implied Syt, no wonder German humour has failed to sweep the world  :P

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on December 10, 2012, 01:23:56 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 09, 2012, 10:45:07 PM
Would they imprison and execute Marti?  That determines whether it's a good thing or not.

Poland is not Eastern Europe.  :huh:

Okay, Western Asia.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on December 10, 2012, 03:49:27 AM
The "needs" bit was implied Syt, no wonder German humour has failed to sweep the world  :P
:blush:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on December 10, 2012, 03:16:42 AM
Funny how few people want to admit to living in eastern Europe.   :P

I remember last time I was at EUOT a fight broke out about this.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

dps

CountDeMoney

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.