News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[player-driven MMO] Wurm Online

Started by Tamas, December 07, 2012, 05:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Kind of like a fantasy EVE Online (with shittier graphics). Seems to be free if you stay on the custom or pre-made kingdom territories, must pay to enter proper wilderness.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/12/05/wurm-welcome-wurm-online-emerging-from-six-year-beta/

cool story from like 2 years ago:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/03/24/pitchfork-media-a-portrait-of-wurm-online/

By all probability way too much of a time sink to hold my interest. but it was surprisingly engrossing to dick around in the forest next a starting city, slain a wild cat with considerable effort, fail to recover its fur, filet it's meat, cook it with blueberry, and make one wall-tile worth of planks.

The whole frontier feeling is very much ongoing even near the starting spot. I was wondering in a clearly player-built neighborhood.
Got dark, heard noises of somebody working, saw lights at a farm (people have pretty nice places with animals and shit. Must be a lot of effort), approached out of curiosity. Saw this guy run out to meet me. Guess didn't want my sword and shield bearing ass near his livestock :D Emote-smiled at him to preserve my life which he returned, and I went on my way.

Again, no way I am going to spend enough time with this unless we decide upon building a Languish Estate on a server or something.
But clearly there is big potential in this game.

Maximus

Well there was, until Notch left to develop Minecraft. The remaining dev, Rolf is about all PvP all the time.

Which is a shame. Wurm had many things to offer but the combat system was not one of them.

ulmont

Quote from: Tamas on December 07, 2012, 05:54:58 PM
Again, no way I am going to spend enough time with this unless we decide upon building a Languish Estate on a server or something.
But clearly there is big potential in this game.

There was, until you posted that you liked it.  You are: worse than Tim.