Two conservative Republicans booted from House budget panel

Started by garbon, December 04, 2012, 03:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 06, 2012, 08:34:06 PMMy positions have not appreciably changed since the late 90s/early 00s. The republican party has moved significantly rightward since then and many of the positions championed by the GOP then are now put forward by Dems. Just because the letter in front of the people supporting those policies have changed, doesn't mean I will stop supporting them.

So were you a Democrat back during the Clinton years when the GOP was more to the right?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 06, 2012, 10:09:07 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 06, 2012, 08:34:06 PMMy positions have not appreciably changed since the late 90s/early 00s. The republican party has moved significantly rightward since then and many of the positions championed by the GOP then are now put forward by Dems. Just because the letter in front of the people supporting those policies have changed, doesn't mean I will stop supporting them.

So were you a Democrat back during the Clinton years when the GOP was more to the right?
No, I was not. At no point in the 1980-2000 was the Republican party anywhere near as far to the right as it is now.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 06, 2012, 10:59:38 PM
No, I was not. At no point in the 1980-2000 was the Republican party anywhere near as far to the right as it is now.

Now that's a bold statement.  I think you're buying into too much of the hype.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

I don't think he remembers the Clinton years.  They went batshit insane in those days as well.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017