Main Menu

Favorite dishes?

Started by Queequeg, December 06, 2012, 12:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on December 06, 2012, 02:02:49 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on December 06, 2012, 12:48:36 PM
Quote from: Martinus on December 06, 2012, 12:43:48 PM
Turkish cuisine sucks. So does Greek for that matter. It's all minced meat served in filthy leafs.
Polish cuisine combines the worst elements of German and Russian without the marginal benefits of either. 

Turkish is one of the great world cuisines.  It's a real shame most Europeans only know it from slightly trashy drunk food places.

I get invited to the big Ramadan party the local Turks throw every year and while I do love the food...it sure seems almost identical to Greek food.

They are the same. The same filthy people.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Scipio

Chicken kiev with home fries or mashed potatoes.  Nothing better.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Caliga

I'm with Spellus on the butter chicken.  I recently started going to a biryani place in town that has butter chicken instead of chicken tikka masala.  They're similar, but butter chicken is... somehow better. :hmm:

A couple of other favorites:

real Texas chili, which I recently started making myself (i.e. no tomato sauce, ground up dried peppers, etc.)
filet mignon
Polish boy (don't get excited Mart, it's just a sandwich)
fried catfish with hush puppies
sushi (generally salmon and tuna roll)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Cleveland sank its unclean fangs into Cal.

Caliga

Once I become Emperor of the World, the Polish boy is the one thing that'll stop me from burning Cleveland down.  Clevelanders will be spared for their wondrously disgusting-yet-awesome sandwich AND FOR NO OTHER REASON. :mad:

Lately I've been dealing with those fuckers at Key Bank for work.  My hatred for Cleveland grows stronger daily.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on December 06, 2012, 08:18:27 PM
Once I become Emperor of the World, the Polish boy is the one thing that'll stop me from burning Cleveland down.  Clevelanders will be spared for their wondrously disgusting-yet-awesome sandwich AND FOR NO OTHER REASON. :mad:

Lately I've been dealing with those fuckers at Key Bank for work.  My hatred for Cleveland grows stronger daily.

I like Hunington better.

CountDeMoney

Hey, now.  No Cleveland bashing.  :mad:  It's a good town.  Jump on Euclid Avenue, go east to the Heights on Coventry, and hit Big Fun Toys, and go see all the shit you had as a kid that now goes for $150.

When you see Revolution Books on the corner, peek in and say Hi to all my fellow Fidelistas.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on December 06, 2012, 08:58:27 PM
Quote from: derspiess on December 06, 2012, 08:55:41 PM
Yeah that is a good one :lol:
:unsure:

He's from Cincy;  it's the only town that thinks it could talk trash about Cleveland.