News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Happy Fête de la Fédération / Bastille Day!

Started by Duque de Bragança, July 14, 2016, 03:16:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

I love the French! Some of the best words are French. I have so many French friends. So many.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Valmy

Quote from: FunkMonk on July 14, 2016, 10:58:34 AM
I love the French! Some of the best words are French. I have so many French friends. So many.

Needs a picture of you eating some French Fries.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on July 14, 2016, 10:00:12 AM
QuoteFrance has never been cool.

Oh yeah. You are the arbiter of all things cool alright  :P

You know it.   :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 14, 2016, 10:19:41 AM
I regret missing it this year.

You missed the Leclercs on the Champs-Élysées. :(

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on July 14, 2016, 09:35:17 AM
Do you ever feel like Quebec missed out by being separated from France right before France became cool? Well I guess it was almost 30 years before but still.
Trading 250 years of corrupt and opprosive monarchy for 30 years or corrupt and oppressive monarchy?  Anytime! ;)

There were lots of hopes, at the time of the American Revolution that France would reconquer Canada.  Later on, there was an attempt to convince Napoleon to free us from the British yoke.  Unfortunately, in time of war, with a slightly different spoken french, arriving in France with a British passport turned out to be an ill advised move. :(
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Habbaku

Quote from: Barrister on July 14, 2016, 09:47:49 AM
Quote from: Valmy on July 14, 2016, 09:35:17 AM
Do you ever feel like Quebec missed out by being separated from France right before France became cool? Well I guess it was almost 30 years before but still.

France has never been cool.

:yeahright:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Hamilcar

Let's not rush to judgement. This could have been anyone. The Amish, for example. Or radical Mormons. Maybe the bakers, quakers and candlestick makers.