News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Happy Fête de la Fédération / Bastille Day!

Started by Duque de Bragança, July 14, 2016, 03:16:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

The military parade already started. This year, special tribute to the ANZAC troops who participated in the Somme Battle.

:frog:

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Archy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABTR2Xe_sGw
Our former Prime Minister celebrates by singing (according to him) the Belgian Anthem :frog:

viper37

I would drink a beer in honour of our French cousins, but I can't right now :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njrAabKAt6s
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Do you ever feel like Quebec missed out by being separated from France right before France became cool? Well I guess it was almost 30 years before but still.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on July 14, 2016, 09:35:17 AM
Do you ever feel like Quebec missed out by being separated from France right before France became cool? Well I guess it was almost 30 years before but still.

France has never been cool.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Malthus

They also missed out on the Guillotine.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

I'll see if I can find something French to drink tonight.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Savonarola

Quebec is Hipster Canada; was France before France was cool.   :cool: :Canuck:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on July 14, 2016, 09:48:44 AM
They also missed out on the Guillotine.  ;)

Indeed. A chance to liberate themselves from priests and aristocrats :weep:

QuoteFrance has never been cool.

Oh yeah. You are the arbiter of all things cool alright  :P

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on July 14, 2016, 09:49:58 AM

There can be only one choice really:

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on July 14, 2016, 10:00:12 AM
Oh yeah. You are the arbiter of all things cool alright  :P

Careful. You are this close to dissing pleated pants.  :(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on July 14, 2016, 09:47:49 AM

France has never been cool.

Pleated pants just never caught on there  :cry:

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on July 14, 2016, 10:04:27 AM
Quote from: derspiess on July 14, 2016, 09:49:58 AM

There can be only one choice really:

:hmm:  I was thinking that 1990 Bordeaux I keep meaning to drink, but if I could find that I'd be all over it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall