Person of the Year? Who Should It Be

Started by jimmy olsen, December 03, 2012, 12:39:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 03, 2012, 03:29:25 AM
Quote from: garbon on December 03, 2012, 12:39:37 AM
Susan Rice
You can't possibly be serious.

Why not? It would be keeping in line with honoring black people simply for showing up. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Martinus

Me. I don't mind getting the award again.

Martinus

Liep

Only two contenders according to the website poll, and Kim Jung Un is beating that beat up Afghani girl by a small margin.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ed Anger

QuoteSandra Fluke

Ugly cunt who couldn't get more than a dozen people to see she campaign stops. Plus, WHORE PILLS.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tonitrus

If a mere particle can be Person of the Year...would that mean Time is taking a bold anti-abortion stance?  :P

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on December 03, 2012, 08:56:49 AM
QuoteBenjamin Netanyahu

:lmfao:

And that is more laughable than 80% of that list?  I mean Roger Goodell?  Paul Ryan?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on December 03, 2012, 08:19:46 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 03, 2012, 03:29:25 AM
Quote from: garbon on December 03, 2012, 12:39:37 AM
Susan Rice
You can't possibly be serious.

Why not? It would be keeping in line with honoring black people simply for showing up. :)

Well, she did accomplish the unthinkable:  making me feel relieved at hearing John Kerry's name mentioned as a possible Secretary of State.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

merithyn

Quote from: garbon on December 19, 2012, 10:31:59 AM
It's Obama.

Not sure I agree with that. To be perfectly honest, I'd pick Nate Silver over Obama this year.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

PDH

Quote from: merithyn on December 19, 2012, 10:33:53 AM
Not sure I agree with that. To be perfectly honest, I'd pick Nate Silver over Obama this year.

:rolleyes:  Just because he is gay.  Marti-lover
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

merithyn

Quote from: PDH on December 19, 2012, 10:38:07 AM
Quote from: merithyn on December 19, 2012, 10:33:53 AM

:rolleyes:  Just because he is gay.  Marti-lover

Actually, no. It's because he's managed to show the value in information organization, data programming, and the overall value in mixed polls over individual polls. And he's not your typical hero. He's a little, gay, geeky guy who would have been spit on in my high school.

I admire him a great deal, and I feel like this year, he really earned Person of the Year.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...