News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

I'm now officially old

Started by Martinus, November 30, 2012, 01:47:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 30, 2012, 09:29:18 AM
Yeah, the heterophobes are now dealing what we have had to in pop culture;  Sir Ian McKellen is the homo equivalent of Sean Connery now.

Now, now. It's more like Brian Paddick and Rupert Everett.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Whatever happend to Rupert Everett anyway?  I used to see him in stuff all the time in the 90s.  I thought he was a pretty good actor to.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Anyway this takes me back.  I remember when Marty made this exact same thread when he turned 30.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on November 30, 2012, 10:48:59 AM
Whatever happend to Rupert Everett anyway?  I used to see him in stuff all the time in the 90s.  I thought he was a pretty good actor to.

Last thing I saw him in was the horrible St. Trinian's remake. Wiki actually lists a lot of films I haven't heard of or bit parts. Wiki also says that he's been doing a lot more theater again.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Minsky Moment

IIRC Rupert claimed that he was effectively blackballed from leading romantic roles.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Neil

I remember hearing him whining about how he was persecuted for his gayness.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on November 30, 2012, 11:03:51 AM
I remember hearing him whining about how he was persecuted for his gayness.

Yeah that was my perception of what he said as well.

garbon

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 30, 2012, 10:55:53 AM

IIRC Rupert claimed that he was effectively blackballed from leading romantic roles.

The only type of role he can play...

Richard Hakluyt

Yes, I think he is also somewhat waspish and indiscreet - which a lot of people rather like but is not always taken well by people in the industry. There was a piece about him in the Guardian quite recently :

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/sep/28/rupert-everett-memoir-vanished-years

Syt

I liked Everett in Cemetary Man (Della Morte, Del'Amore). Weird but funny movie.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Neil

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on November 30, 2012, 11:10:55 AM
Yes, I think he is also somewhat waspish and indiscreet - which a lot of people rather like but is not always taken well by people in the industry. There was a piece about him in the Guardian quite recently :

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/sep/28/rupert-everett-memoir-vanished-years
Yeah, dude has to pick his venue.  On Languish it's alright to be waspish (garbon), indiscreet (Martinus) or even both together (Grallon).  But nobody is making a career out of Languish, except for maybe Raz.  Don't shit where you eat.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

The Brain

Are Swedes mentioned in the Polish national anthem?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Brain on November 30, 2012, 01:29:05 PM
Are Swedes mentioned in the Polish national anthem?

In EU IV they are; unless Poland gets an event to simply become part of greater Sweden.  Then the Poles get to sing the Swedish national anthem with an accent.

Valmy

Still bummed there was no way to keep the Wasa's on the Swedish Throne in EUII.  It was an outrage.

Martinus