And we're back!

Main Menu

RIP Larry Hagman

Started by Caliga, November 24, 2012, 12:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

OttoVonBismarck

Surprising...so on a weird random, personal note, he sat across the aisle from me on a flight from Austin to Dallas about two months ago. He was dressed exactly like J.R. Ewing, and while he looked quite old I didn't suspect he was on death's door.

He ordered two Dewar's while on the flight. (The flight from Austin to Dallas is all of 30 minutes...)

OttoVonBismarck

From a news article covering his death:

QuoteMr. Hagman was a hard bargainer who eventually earned more than $150,000 per episode for playing J.R. He was rarely seen without a glass of champagne in his hand but was also rarely seen to be drunk. He was said to have renounced drinking in 1993, on a doctor's advice, but never admitted that he was an alcoholic.

Interesting, but false.

The Brain

:(

Cliff Barnes might get uppity now.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Darth Wagtaros

And a flight of Jeannies sing something something
PDH!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 24, 2012, 12:28:05 AM
From a news article covering his death:

QuoteMr. Hagman was a hard bargainer who eventually earned more than $150,000 per episode for playing J.R. He was rarely seen without a glass of champagne in his hand but was also rarely seen to be drunk. He was said to have renounced drinking in 1993, on a doctor's advice, but never admitted that he was an alcoholic.

Interesting, but false.

Of course not.  Why swear off alcohol on your second liver?  Could always get another.