Your National Stereotype You'd Like To Dispel.

Started by mongers, November 23, 2012, 04:29:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

What national stereotype about your country would you like to dispel and what is the real 'facts' of the matter.

Mine is, the English aren't actually that reserved and polite, more's the pity. 

Though I can't dispel the one about the British having bad teeth, as I went to the dentist today and he part admonished me for the state of some of my teeth. :blush:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

derspiess

That our beer is weak and foul-tasting.  There is plenty of evidence to the contrary these days.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

That all American traverlers are loud, brash, and rude. :mad:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

katmai

Quote from: merithyn on November 23, 2012, 04:34:36 PM
Yet we keep letting Caliga out.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Liep

There are no bad stereotypes about the Danes, so I can't answer this one.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Every time a Euro calls Americans fat, it makes me one to sit one till he is crushed to death.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: Liep on November 23, 2012, 04:58:32 PM

I've heard some things.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

derspiess

Quote from: merithyn on November 23, 2012, 04:34:36 PM

But there's a lot of truth to that one, unfortunately.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Malthus

That Canadians are all nice and polite.

I intend to single-handedly dispel that one.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on November 23, 2012, 05:14:58 PM

I've heard some things.

Let's hear them.  I can't think of any myself.

I think the world has a fairly accurate image of Americans.

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 23, 2012, 05:43:13 PM

I've heard some things.

That young Danish women are fit, I've yet to encounter one that dispels that. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Iormlund

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 23, 2012, 05:43:13 PM

I've heard some things.

NeoNazi tenancies.