News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 12 - Happy Mediocre Football Day

Started by Neil, November 22, 2012, 09:21:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

frunk

Quote from: katmai on November 26, 2012, 02:55:17 PM
Quote from: sbr on November 26, 2012, 01:17:14 AM
Motherfucker.  I'm gonna  lose in my money league.  I had a 40 point lead going into tonight; I had Rogers and he had Eli and 2 GB WRs.  How the hell could I lose that?

Broke my 9 game win streak. :mad:
Can Nick Foles and the Philly kicker get 18 or more points between them tonight? Cause if they don't i will win, which need badly to insure making the playoffs as next week is last of regular season in LFFL.

I'm hoping they can.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: frunk on November 26, 2012, 03:12:15 PM
Quote from: katmai on November 26, 2012, 02:55:17 PM
Quote from: sbr on November 26, 2012, 01:17:14 AM
Motherfucker.  I'm gonna  lose in my money league.  I had a 40 point lead going into tonight; I had Rogers and he had Eli and 2 GB WRs.  How the hell could I lose that?

Broke my 9 game win streak. :mad:
Can Nick Foles and the Philly kicker get 18 or more points between them tonight? Cause if they don't i will win, which need badly to insure making the playoffs as next week is last of regular season in LFFL.

I'm hoping they can.

So am I. :P

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

katmai

Quote from: derspiess on November 26, 2012, 04:02:41 PM
Quote from: katmai on November 26, 2012, 03:10:53 PM
Quote from: derspiess on November 26, 2012, 03:04:43 PM
So has Alex Smith lost his job?
Only Jim Harbaugh knows for sure.

Don't be coy.  Who would you start next week?

As i was telling someone yesterday, Alex is great guy (met him in his rookie season working on Reebok commercial) but looking at  game there were a couple of times that if he were in would have been sacks that Kaepernick got out of and had positive yardage.

But it sucks that guy who is 20-6 in last two seasons to lose his job to concussion.

derspiess

Quote from: katmai on November 26, 2012, 04:10:24 PM
As i was telling someone yesterday, Alex is great guy (met him in his rookie season working on Reebok commercial) but looking at  game there were a couple of times that if he were in would have been sacks that Kaepernick got out of and had positive yardage.

But it sucks that guy who is 20-6 in last two seasons to lose his job to concussion.

I'd have a hard time putting Smith back in.  In many ways he's been the perfect QB for the team, not putting up flashy numbers but playing well enough to win while not turning the ball over.  But I don't think he's going to take the Niners to the next level.  And Kaepernick has shown so much spark you just don't sit a QB that is playing that well.

Valmy

You have to go with Kaepernick.  The Super Bowl is the goal so you need to pull out all the stops.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 26, 2012, 04:24:52 PM
I'd have a hard time putting Smith back in.  In many ways he's been the perfect QB for the team, not putting up flashy numbers but playing well enough to win while not turning the ball over.  But I don't think he's going to take the Niners to the next level.  And Kaepernick has shown so much spark you just don't sit a QB that is playing that well.

Yeah, sometimes I wonder if Alex Smith has hit his ceiling, but I'm not ready to pull the lollipop on him yet.  7th year with the team, and last year was his best.  Then again, it was the team's best, too.  :lol:

But you also have to go with the hotness, and right now that's Kaepernicus. 

They drafted him, and Smith's days with the Niners may well be numbered, but if they want to go to the promise land this season, I'd rather have Smith starting at the Meadowlands in the middle of January.

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 26, 2012, 06:24:42 PM
Quote from: derspiess on November 26, 2012, 04:24:52 PM

Yeah, sometimes I wonder if Alex Smith has hit his ceiling, but I'm not ready to pull the lollipop on him yet.  7th year with the team, and last year was his best.  Then again, it was the team's best, too.  :lol:

and this is first year he wasn't learning a new system and new coordinator.

CountDeMoney

No kidding.  I think the kid could use some stability in his life before tossing him in the free agent forever backup pile.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 26, 2012, 06:34:11 PM
No kidding.  I think the kid could use some stability in his life before tossing him in the free agent forever backup pile.
There are more than a few teams where Smith would be a big improvement over their starter.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

So Marvin Lewis publicly called out Andy Dalton and Rey Maualuga a few weeks ago when the Bengals were in the midst of their 4-game slump.  And both guys responded since then, helping build an almost unheard of (for here) three straight blowout wins.  In recognition of that, both guys arrived Sunday morning to find "C" patches sewn on their jerseys.  Bengals hadn't used them since 2010.

I really had the season written-off after the Denver loss.  Don't know how it will end, but it's a nice turn-around to have a winning record and be tied with the sliding Stillers for the second wild card spot.

Neil

I wonder if they're going to flex the Eagles-Cowboys tard-fight out?  Sure, it's a terrible game, but it's two big fanbases in the NFC Least.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on November 26, 2012, 11:42:50 PM
I wonder if they're going to flex the Eagles-Cowboys tard-fight out?  Sure, it's a terrible game, but it's two big fanbases in the NFC Least.

The NFC Worst
The NFC Least

What happens when the NFC South or NFC North suck?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."