News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 12 - Happy Mediocre Football Day

Started by Neil, November 22, 2012, 09:21:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophie Scholl

The Browns had a chance to grab David DeCastro, a highly touted RG which they were in need of and would have made an excellent addition to their young quality pieces they already have in place there.  Instead, they, in my opinion, reached for Wheeden and DeCastro fell to the Steelers of all teams. <_<
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on November 25, 2012, 06:24:31 PM
and DeCastro fell to the Steelers of all teams. <_<

As a Browns fan, you should be used to that.  I know I was.  Mike Junkin when Rod Woodson was still on the board?  WHAT COULD HAPPEN

CountDeMoney

How could Pollard be flagged for leading with his helmet, when his shoulder was the only part that made contact?  Bring back the scab refs.

Neil

Bad officiating is bad.  But then again, this crew is generally pretty retarded.  When the NFL is talking about getting development refs to replace bad refs, these guys and Ron Winter`s crew are the ones they have in mind.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

The Ravens' road woes on offense are no longer a trend, and have surpassed a habit;  it's officially institutionalized.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: derspiess on November 25, 2012, 05:37:29 PM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on November 25, 2012, 04:44:24 PM
As to the Raiders call, they did get pretty terribly fucked by an "inadvertent whistle" as the refs called it.  It went from a fumble recovery for a touchdown to the Bengals getting another shot at 3rd down which eventually led to a game sealing touchdown drive.

Btw, John Clayton is even uglier in person than he is on TV.

Isn't that the case with most people?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 25, 2012, 06:48:26 PM
Quote from: derspiess on November 25, 2012, 05:37:29 PM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on November 25, 2012, 04:44:24 PM
As to the Raiders call, they did get pretty terribly fucked by an "inadvertent whistle" as the refs called it.  It went from a fumble recovery for a touchdown to the Bengals getting another shot at 3rd down which eventually led to a game sealing touchdown drive.

Btw, John Clayton is even uglier in person than he is on TV.

Isn't that the case with most people?

Yeah, but Clayton's so damned ugly you don't think it can get any worse.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai

4th and 29? :nelson: ahahahahahahahahahahahahahah Chargers
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on November 25, 2012, 07:25:15 PM
4th and 29? :nelson: ahahahahahahahahahahahahahah Chargers

That was without a doubt one of the greatest, if not THE greatest, 4th and 29 conversions of all time.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Wow.  Not a huge comeback, points-wise, but it felt huge.  Ray Rice just made Pete Prisco eat a big bag of dicks, and Tucker showed why he beat Cundiff.

They really needed this one too.  A win next week and they've pretty much locked up a home playoff game.

CountDeMoney

Yeah, offense showed up better late than never, but grinding out the running game in the 2nd half, combined with the defense tightening up, really wore down the Bolts.  And the Bolts can't finish.  Ever.

You know, I actually feel a little sorry for Norv;  like so many former coordinators, he's so good at what he does when he's got the talent to work with as a coordinator, but just can't get past the head coach job.  Guys like him, Dennis Green, Marty Morningweg, Wade Phillips, ol' Bruce Coslet...great football minds, but man, do they shit the bed when they have the head job.

And as if there needs to be any more evidence, that 4th and 29 is THE reason why Ray Rice needs to be on the field, all the time.  Especially crunch time.  Fucking Cam Cameron.

Oh, and Torrey Smith totally schooled Quentin Jammer.  Spanked.

CountDeMoney

And I love how all the talking heads can go from ZOMG STEELHEADS ASCENDANT to poo-poohing them in a matter of 12 hours.

CountDeMoney

QuoteNov 25 5:35pm   Beanie WellsP (Ari - RB) Add   Free Agents   Dallas Egos
   Martellus Bennett (NYG - TE) Drop   Dallas Egos   Waivers   

I see what you did there.  You realize today was just a dick tease, right?  Sucker.